𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ━━ 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞

Third person POV 

Dr. Wells rolls his wheelchair into the Cortex, seeing Caitlin and Cisco stand in the med-room while Lexie and Teddy play chess on the table outside the med-room. He observes his children for a moment as they are in deep concentration before he rolls into the med-room. 

"Where's Barry?" Dr. Wells glances between the doctor and the engineer. "He's late." 

"Late is kind of his signature move." Caitlin remarks, walking across the med-room with the tablet in her hands. 

Lexie moves her chess piece before exhaling sharply. "I thought his signature move was being a nerdy sucker loser. He sucks and loses at everything." She comments snarkily. 

Teddy lets out a huffed laugh. 

Cisco smiles proudly at her remark before glancing over at Caitlin and Dr. Wells. "Hey, you guys wanna see my signature move?" 

"Please stop embarrassing yourself." Teddy sasses. 

Cisco glances over at the male Zolomon-Thawne mutation. "Okay, why are you both so ruthless to everyone? You act somewhat kind in public but then in private, you are ruthless menaces." 

"Because we like life outside jail. Or, juvie." Lexie corrects emotionlessly. 

Teddy points at his sister, giving them a pointed smile. "Exactly why. I would rather play chess with my baby twin than do something pathetically illegal to only get caught and end up in juvie. I won't last in juvie. They don't have the amount of food I need to only stay alive." 

Lexie finally pulls her gaze away from the chess board, looking up at her twin brother. She stares silently before glancing over at Cisco. "He is right. We need a certain amount of food to stay alive. That's why we couldn't handle orphanage."

"So, don't die, Dad." Teddy adds. 

Dr. Wells presses his lips together. "Thank you, both of you. For giving me a purpose to stay alive. Like the fact that my own children want me alive to stay out of an orphanage. I mean, it would've been nice if it was because I am loved by my children, but I guess I'll have to take what I have." He comments. 

Cisco and Caitlin share a look, seeing where the twins get their snarkiness and sass from. 

Suddenly, a swoosh is heard. They all turn to the source of the sound, seeing Barry lean against the door frame of the med-room and holding a to-go paper mug filled with coffee. 

"I'm sorry, guys. I got a little held up." Barry apologizes sincerely before grinning slightly to himself as he recalls what held him up. 

They all stare unamused. 

"Send him to jail instead." Teddy comments. 

"Indeed, please do." Lexie agrees. 

Barry scrunches his nose in offense before clearing his throat and glancing over at Cisco, Caitlin, and Dr. Wells. "You had to be there." 

"Oh, I'm sure of it." Lexie remarks sarcastically. 

"Yes, we would never doubt your word, oh you mighty." Teddy speaks sarcastically with a mock-worshipping tone.