𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ━━ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐈𝐬 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐧

Third person POV

Eddie and Barry leave Captain Singh's office as Eddie tells him what happened last night when he was chasing a car thief.

"Listen, I saw something last night I just can't get my head around." Eddie begins, speaking in a low tone as they exit Singh's office. 

"Uh-huh." Barry glances at him. 

"I- Whoa! Jesus." Eddie interrupts himself, seeing Lexie pop out of nowhere around the corner. He places his hand over his heart, breathing out deeply in relief. 

"What-" Barry looks up, his eyes widening as he gasps loudly. 

Lexie stares emotionlessly. "You both are utterly pathetic. I understand Allen's inability to sense if someone is watching him. He's just the CSI. He's a...what do you call it in pop culture terms? Oh, yes...a nerd. Geek, dork. But you, Thawne, I'm disappointed in." 

Barry furrows his eyebrows before making an offended grimace. Eddie chuckles softly in amusement at the girl's words. 

"So, what were you saying before going religious?" Lexie comments snarkily, glancing at Eddie who smiles amused at her comment. 

"I fired a dozen rounds at our car thief last night and it was like they sparked off of him." Eddie continues, his tone relaxed as he's satisfied that someone is interested in what he's saying. 

"Hey-" Iris begins, approaching them. 

Lexie immediately interrupts with an emotionless and cruel tone. "Thawne's fine. Talk with Allen. Me and your pretty golden retriever boy toy need to talk." 

Iris stares stunned. Barry attempts to suppress his laughter. Meanwhile, Eddie looks shocked and surprised that the Zolomon-Thawne girl wants to talk to him. He glances between the teenager and his girlfriend, frowning slightly in thought. 

"Excuse me? Lexie, no offense, but I need to talk to my boy-" Iris tries gently. 

"I heard you. And I do take offense. Why are you being so dependent on CCPD's own very golden retriever? Your strange desires do not beat my need to talk to my friend. Bros before hoes." Lexie argues bluntly in a cold tone. 

Eddie's eyes widen. Not able to hold it anymore, Barry let the laugh escape. Iris stares with a shocked look before glancing at Barry. 

"I..." Iris trails off stunned. 

"Come on, golden retriever. We have much to talk about. Allen, meet up with us later. We will call you. Come or we dump your garbage ass." Lexie warns coldly before she leads Eddie away. 

Barry frowns slightly. "She is not like any girl I have met." 

"I know." Iris crosses her arms, sighing. 

"She's awesome." Barry chuckles before walking away, approaching the stairs to go up to his lab in the building. He doesn't even take offense to Lexie's insult about his ass. He's just glad that she's even speaking to him. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

After they find the stolen Humvee in an alley, Eddie immediately calls Barry to inform him so he will come there. Meanwhile, Lexie observes the Humvee. 

"Allen, we found the stolen Humvee in the alley at Fremont and Lawrence. Need you down here to do your thing. And please hurry up, it seems like teenage girls aren't known for their patience." Eddie speaks, glancing teasingly over at Lexie. 

Lexie turns back, giving him a look. 

"Great, I'll see you in a sec." Barry responds before hanging up.