𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ━━ 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞

Third person POV

Lexie and Teddy play chess in the Cortex, waiting for Barry Allen to make his daily appearance. Teddy frowns, observing the game plan as he tries to figure out how he's gonna wait. But what he doesn't know is that Lexie has several moves in her mind that end with her winning the round of chess. 

Teddy moves his chess pawn. 

Cisco, Caitlin, and Dr. Wells observe the game. Cisco and Caitlin look slightly sympathetic, believing Lexie is about to be outmatched like she wants them all to think. But her father sees through her. Because he did the same to his older brother who he named his son after. Thaddeus Thawne. The man who raised his own children because he prioritized revenge. He learned from that mistake. He is never choosing revenge over family ever again. That's why he's so stubborn about having a family dinner tonight. Because he can see his own reflection in his children. The vengeance, apathy, and deep wrath he used to feel can be seen in his daughter's eyes clear as day. 

Lexie hides a smirk before moving her chess queen. "Checkmate, twin." 

Teddy gapes, glancing back at the chessboard in confusion. He frowns in disbelief. He glances up at Lexie before looking over at the others. 

"H-How?" Teddy stutters confused. 

Lexie smirks, placing her arms in a cross on the table. "I guess I will take that secret to the grave, dear twin." She taunts sadistically. 

Teddy narrows his eyes. 

Just then Barry Allen rushes inside the Cortex out of breath. "I forgot I have super speed. So I ran on my own. So...what's up?" He says between heavy breaths. 

"And you believe he has potential for greatness." Lexie comments, breaking the silence. 

Everyone turns to her immediately. Cisco, Caitlin, and Teddy all three do their best to hold their laugh. Dr. Wells gives her a warning look. Barry smiles small, chuckling slightly before he breathes heavily again. 

"You better not die." Lexie tells Barry. "Because if you die, then we need to do all this ourselves. And I do not want to be forced to take any part in saving lives. I would rather be in The Empty in Supernatural." 

Teddy and Cisco gasp in unison at her movie reference. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

After Barry recovers and catches his breath after getting a lot more comments and judging apathetic looks from Lexie, he begins to tell them what happened at Central City Police Department this morning. That the military was there. General Eiling. Dr. Wells has told his twins about the general and they do not like him just based on the stories. They can imagine he's not much kinder in real life. And Barry's story confirms their suspicion. 

"A VA file number is all the info you have on the bomber?" Cisco questions. 

"C.C.P.D.'s been ordered off the case." Barry informs. 

Caitlin approaches them. "Well, who has power to do that?" 

Barry crosses his arms, inhaling. "The Army. Yeah, some general. His name was Eiling, I think." He continues, frowning slightly. 

"General Wade Eiling." Dr. Wells announces. 

Barry turns to him, handing the VA file number to Lexie. After she accepts it, she shares a look with Teddy. She never would have expected Barry Allen to hand her the file. She hasn't exactly been showing signs of friendly behavior toward him.