Chapter 13: There's only one way to you

Hanni wonders if fall really is her favorite.

She can cross that out. The cold autumn wind is not enough to make her shiver, although, it is enough for her mother to make sure she doesn't leave without a sweater. The brunette doesn't mind because she has another excuse to tuck her hands into her her pockets, watching leaves fall gracefully to the ground.

Thinking about winter does make her a little anxious. There is only a few weeks before she can accept the reasonable red cheeks she receives from the freezing weather they call winter.

Never has she ever have to worrying about the cold interrupting her goal of making it onto the national team. (well, except when she's late for practice because she can't seem to get her car out of the few inches of snow.)

However, this fall seems discrete. Maybe something-someone, is missing because her hand is cold.

The pure warmth of skin tingles on her own skin as if it's a memory. She feels her thumb rub at her the side of her pointer finger, aching for fingers to slip between her's with a reassuring squeeze. Again, there's something off with a day of fall. And no, it's not Danielle telling her that the normal cold look has yet to disappear.

Hanni watches as children skip around while holding their parent's hands. It's a delightful sight, the look of content... happiness. Does Hanni feel content? Yes No, not really. But it's easy hiding it in the curves of a smile. Even without purity, it's not able to seem genuine.

She took it for granted. A pure safe touch.

Her lips press against eachother as she enters the shop. Almost immediately, she chuckles at Mr. Jang's hasty self.

"Good morning to you too?" Mr. Jang peaks at the corner of his eye.

Hanni bows, soon leaning her body over the counter. She grins brightly at the current piece he is working on.

Something like that.

The man soon rolls his eyes. "They're in the same spot you'll always find them." He points behind him.

Hanni jumps up, shuffling toward the back as the front door open. In the matter of a minute, the brunette finds Wonyoung and Danielle knocked out in the huge office. She heaves a particular sigh, causing the two sleeping girls to immediately stand to their feet, Wonyoung stumbling a bit. The blonde nervously giggles, her hair all over the place. Her sister on the other hand looks down, her fingers crossed as she silently whispers.

"I'm not mad. I knew you guys were probably helping out. But now, I need your help." Hanni says, watching the two flop against eachother on the couch.

Danielle groans when Wonyoung's head makes way onto her lap, the blonde immediately falling back asleep. The raven ushers for her to continue, rubbing at her eyes.

"Technically, I want to get her a necklace." Hanni blurts, the sleeping blonde now wide awake.

Wonyoung stares at her with shock. "How long have you been thinking about this?" The blonde asks.

The brunette scratches her head, pursing her lips. "It was just a slight 'what if' last year. When I wondered what it'd be like for us to be friends. Either way, I still owe her a lot." Hanni responds genuinely.

The blonde shakes her head. "Hanni, there's no guarantee you guys will even get to be together."

The brunette understands that, obviously. But her cold fingers that's numb in her sweater pocket convince her otherwise.

She looks down, swallowing. "I know. But, she's still my friend. Before anything. I want to give her something she can be reassured by, that I promise to stay by her side no matter what.... As friends or not because even when we hated eachother, she was still there for me. I want to do the same." Hanni lets out all at once.