10 || Ginger

Silver was dismayed to find herself wrapped up in Jared's embrace, tucked up and cozy like a little treasure.

Her cheeks burned with shame. She'd thought she'd moved past this. They hadn't exchanged a word in over twenty-four hours, but the first time she let her guard down after stripping naked in his face, she woke up laying with him?

She wished the ground would open up and swallow her.

Both of her legs were strangely entangled with Jared's, and this time, she lay on his entire chest. Her whole body was pressed up against his, so it was useless for her to try and gently extricate herself even if she'd wanted to.

Her face screwed up as she wondered what to do, but apparently she took too long, because his eyes opened, and unlike the first time, he didn't send her flying. Instead, those groggy coffee browns looked down at her with amusement and curiosity.

Silver couldn't stand the sight of him.

She pulled herself away as if he had a zombie virus and turned off her stupid alarm. The entire time she moved, her eyes avoided him. It was very difficult to pretend to be indifferent when he looked like he was going to burst out laughing at any second.

Stifling her irritation, she went to the bathroom and stepped right into the cold shower, hoping that the low temperature of the water would shock her into sobriety.

For the most part, it did wonders. Silver asked herself, why exactly was she nervous around Jared Jollypants Jung?

The man had seen so many naked women in his lifetime, his eyeballs could probably compete with the anatomy comprehension of renaissance artists. She was a woman, and she wasn't anything special. He most likely didn't even remember what she looked like.

Besides that, she wasn't ugly. Her breasts were well endowed and her rear end was juicy. All in all, she had a full figure with thicker proportions, but it was nothing that hadn't been seen before.

Turning off the water, Silver sighed. She was just thinking too much. Sure, she was embarrassed and wondered which of Jezebel's spirits had possessed her, but it really wasn't a big deal. Everyone had a body, he'd seen many, it was nothing for him to see hers.

Except that it was. She was Victor's ex-fiancée, and according to norm, she shouldn't even be standing within two feet of Jared Jung at any point in time. What did she mean by letting him see her naked?

Her fingers paused mid-button-up, and she groaned out loud.

Silver Bailey, how could you be so stupid?

She slapped a hand over her forehead, not caring that she had probably just messed up her foundation. There was no way she could come to terms with doing something no decent person would do.

How horrible was she to even entertain these thoughts?

Sleeping with your ex's best friend was a rotund fuck no, while showing him your naked body was coming in hot with a second place hell no.

Was she so desperate?

Silver came back out of the bathroom fully dressed and ready for her day. Her cerise pink lips were pressed into a thin line, revealing her stern mood to her temporary roommate.

The weekend had passed, the storm outside was over, and with the arrival of a workday, she naturally had epiphanies.

Jared took one look at her charcoal grey blouson dress and scoffed, then went off to shower for the day.

She couldn't bring herself to care about what he was thinking, so she ordered a light breakfast and quickly ate it, then did some work while waiting for Jared to be ready.