Love Me Like You Do

Matts doctor came down to get me after 3 hours of waiting. Exhausted, I walked up to matts room behind the doctor who wasn't walking fast enough. He brought me to a room on the 2nd floor and Matt was laying there with a bandage around his head. The doctor said" He's gonna be fine but he hasn't woken up yet so we don't actually know how this affected his memory. He had a very hard hit. He's gonna have to stay here for about a week, maybe more. And he will have to be out of work for awhile but the most important thing is he's gonna be just fine. He should be waking up within the hour. I'll be back to check up on him, okay?" I said" okay, thank you." I sat next to Matt in the uncomfortable green hospital chair and held his hand. I knew he was gonna be okay but I still couldn't help but cry. Now that I was with him and could see he was still breathing, I still couldn't go to sleep. I was so tired but I was afraid something would happen if I took a nap.
About 30 minutes later he woke up. He said" hey my love." I stood up and kissed him. I said" hey. How do you feel?" He said" my head hurts. What happened?" I said" you were trapped in a house fire. Cruz went back in to get you. You hit your head pretty hard and had a brain bleed so they took you in for surgery." He said" I remember the fire, just not much after that." I said" the doctor said you might have some memory loss." He said" I guess we'll find out. You look tired, have you slept?" I said" no. I've been worried about you." He said" I'm fine, come lay next to me and sleep." I said" your not 'fine', you just had brain surgery, but okay, I'd gladly come lay next to you." I got up into the bed and snuggled myself beside him. We weren't supposed to but I knew he wasn't gonna let me sleep on the chair and I was not about to. I woke up to a doctor talking to Matt. I had no clue what time it was. But I just looked up at Matt. I looked into his perfect eyes and when he was done talking to the doctor he looked into mine. I could tell he was in pain. He said" good morning." I said" good morning love." He said" not good morning for me. I didn't sleep much, I just watched you sleep for a while. You looked so peaceful, so beautiful." I said" why should have woken me up!" He said" nah, I was fine with you just sleeping next to me."
The next few days I knew matts mind was off. Sometimes he would stop talking in the middle of a sentence forgetting what he was gonna say next or it was too much of a strain on his mind. It seemed as if the injury was getting worse. You could just tell by the look on his face that he was annoyed with it. Knowing what he was talking about and then all of the sudden forgetting his whole train of thought. The doctor said it was just part of his brain injury but Matt wondered if it would ever pass, when it would pass, and I did too. When he would start to get mad id try and tell him it's not his fault, tell him I understood, and I know that it's a pain in the ass now but it will get better as his brain injury gets better. He just nodded and continued to say I just want to go home, please just take me home.