Make You Feel My Love

I sit by the window of our kitchen. I feel the soft breeze sweep across my face and the fresh air fills my lungs. I breathe in and relax. I hear foot steps coming towards me and then a soft kiss upon my cheek. My heart skips a beat every time. I have butterflies in my stomach. He starts talking about work and I look up at him. Not listening to a word he's saying I examine his face and give him a slight smile. He chuckles and says" Gabby? You there?" I say" yeah! I was just admiring you. I'm so happy we gave us a second chance. Your my favorite part of every day." I smile and stand up. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me tight. He says" your perfect Gabriella Dawson." I said" we are perfect together Mathew Casey." We kissed and got ready for work. When we got there everyone greeted us in the common room. Mills was cooking breakfast. He made some fancy omelets with cheese, ham, and peppers that he makes at his family's restaurant. Everyone else was reading the paper or watching tv. Matt sat down next to Otis and as soon as I got ready to sit next to him the bell rung. It announced" ambo 61 woman in distress unknown causes 241 West Chester." Matt looked at me and said" be careful babe." I kissed him and said" I will." Shay and I went out to the ambulance, and got in. She drove. It took us about 10 minutes tops to arrive at the scene. It was an impalement. Shay grabbed the c-collar and backboard and I grabbed the bag. Shay put the c-collar on her and I said" honey what your name?" She said" Lexie, it's..it's Lexie." I said" Lexie, your gonna be okay. I just need you to be very still and breath for me okay?" She said" okay...okay. It hurts so bad." I said" I know it does. How did this happen?" Lexie said" I was trying to open the gate but it would open and my aunts dog was trying to attack me. She isn't home and he only likes her. I thought he was gonna kill me. I had no choice but to....ooucchhhh. Oh my god..!" I said" hold on for me okay. We have to pull your leg out." Shay looked at me and shook her head. She whispered" we are gonna have to call for truck, we can't pull it out or she will most likely loose her leg." Shay went to the ambo and called for the truck. They came in about 10 minutes. Casey got the cutters and cut the fence. We put Lexie on the backboard and then loaded her onto the stretcher. I got in the back and Shay drove us to Chicago Med.