Its Gonna Be Okay

After the smoke cleared I stood up. The top level of the house had collapsed. Matt was still in there. I started running towards the house but Herrmann stopped me. He said" Dawson, you can't go in there." I said" Matt is still in there, I need to find him.." Herrmann said" Dawson..." I said" no..no. We can't sit here and do nothing. If no one is going in there, I am." I pulled away from Herrmann and Cruz said" I'll go in." Herrmann said" Cruz it's unstable. It could go at an point." Cruz said" that's one of us in there. That's a brother. We can't leave him." Cruz got geared up and went back into the house as carefully and quickly as he could. After about 5 minutes passed the house started to fall apart more. Chief talked into the radio and said" Cruz how's it going?" There was no response. Chief said" Cruz I'm giving you less than a minute to get out of there." There was no response. All of the sudden the house caved. It crumbled to the ground as Cruz and Casey came out the door. We all ran to them. The guys carrying Casey to the ambulance and Shay checking on Cruz. I followed Matt. He was still breathing but had a head laceration. Shay drove to Chicago Med and I was in the back with Matt. His bp was dropping. I continued chest compressions. Then there was no pulse. I shocked him twice. He regained consciousness and was looking around. I said" stay with me Matt, please stay with me." He closed his eyes again. When we got to the hospital there was a team of surgeons waiting. They opened the doors and they took him quickly into the trauma room to examine him. They took a head scan of him and they found he had a small brain bleed. They to him quickly up to surgery while all the firefighters waited in the waiting room for an update. The doctor finally came down and I walked over to him. He said" We just took Casey up to surgery. He has a little brain bleed that can be easily fixed. He's gonna be okay Gabby. I promise. He also has a severe concussion, most likely some memory loss, but we will know more when he's out of surgery. He's gonna have to be out of work for a while." I said" but he's gonna be okay..?" The doctor said" Yes, he will. I have to get back upstairs but I'll be down as soon as I get another update." He left and I updated everyone and sat down waiting for Matt to get out of surgery.