13.

"Mr Bingley!" I recognise the face.

"It is so nice to see you again," he says. "Will you introduce me to your friends?"

"Oh-yeah," I stutter still in the state of shock, terror and astonishment.

"This is Miss Bennet, the second daughter of Mr Bennet. This is Mr and Mrs Gardiner, her aunt and uncle." Darcy takes over. "And this is Mr Charles Bingley, a friend of mine," he says with a stern face.

"Nice to meet all of you. How are you Georgiana!"  Bungled asks.

"I am well," she replies with a smile.

"Shall we all go to the main hall," Darcy suggests.

"So tell me how did you meet my brother," Georgiana asks me.

"Oh at the Meryton ball. In fact he was there with Mr Bingley and his sisters."

"Did someone take my name?" Bingley joins in.

"Yes, Miss Woods was telling me about the Meryton ball," Georgiana says.

"Oh yes! It was very lively that ball, wasn't it Miss Woods?"

"Yes it was-how are your sisters doing Mr Bingley?" I ask changing the topic.

"They are doing well, both are in London at the moment," he answers.

"Then why are you here?" I ask quite rudely. "I'm sorry-I didn't mean to be that rude-I mean what are you doing here," I rephrase.

"Yes-do not worry Miss Woods, I was here for business, so thought I would visit Darcy for a while," he says as I look at Darcy. Darcy seemed to be engaged in a conversation with Elizabeth and the Gardiners.

"Shall we all take a walk?" Mr Gardiner proposes. Mr Gardiner is walking with Mr Darcy while Elizabeth and her aunt walk together. But after a while, Mrs Gardiner expresses her wishes to walk with her husband as Elizabeth's arm wasn't sufficient to take her weight. After which Mr and Mrs Gardiner walk together and Elizabeth and Darcy are paired. I somehow end up walki my the whole way with Mr Bingley.

"How have you been, Miss Woods?" Bingley asks nervously.

"Good, I went to visit Jane few months ago. She is married now to Mr Collins," I inform.

"Oh, congratulations! I hope she's happy," he says without any regret.

"You must be happy!" I say sarcastically. "Since you played a big part in it."

"I'm sorry Miss Woods, but I did not understand."

"Why did you change your feelings towards Jane Mr Bingley?" I ask bluntly.

"I-I liked Jane very much but after a lot of contemplating and discussion I came to the conclusion that she was not showing the same level of affect towards me," he said.

"You relied on others opinion of her rather than your own? Mr Bingley it doesn't matter what others think of oneself status, nature, looks. The only thing matters is what you think! And for you to give up on my dear friend so soon, without even a clear explanation was horrible," I call him out.

"Miss Woods, I understand your feelings, but you must understand the situation from my perspective. Jane was a lovely girl, but I felt she did not open up to me-I was telling her all these things and she just stood there without openly expressing herself," he explains.

"She's shy!" I shout louder than needed which alarms Darcy and Elizabeth and both come near us.

"Is everything alright Miss Woods? Darcy asks with concern.