The next morning I woke up exhausted. I hadn't told Jane about what happened yesterday with Bingley. I knew she would be devastated. I knew me being here would cause problems, but to Jane, who has so kind to me—-how can I do this to her!

All of us were eating our breakfast, when Mr Collins enters,

"May I hope, madam, for your interest with your fair daughter Jane, when I solicit for the honour of a private audience with her in the course of this morning?"

Shit! This is happening— I know Collins was gonna propose, but to Jane? It should have been Elizabeth—why didn't Mrs Bennet discourage him from pursuing Jane? Did she not believe Jane could pull Bingley?

"Everyone out to the kitchen!" Commands Mrs Bennet with built up emotion.

"Jane, just say no" I advised before being rushed out by Mrs Bennet.

Everyone glued their ears to the door in anticipation.

"What do you hear?" Asks Mrs Bennet anxiously.

"Shhh..I cannot hear them," says one of the sisters.

"Did she say yes?" Another asks when the door opens up. Jane looks at everyone startled and then at once goes out. Mr Collins can be seen still on his knees not looking too pleased.

"Oh god! What has this girl done," Mrs Bennet goes near Mr Collins to inquire as I go after Jane.

"Jane! You said no right?" I ask to conform.

"No," Jane replies.

"Then you said yes?" I ask confused.

"No," she replies.

"Then what?" I ask for an explanation.

"I-I asked for something," she finally admits.

"Time? For what?" I ask with a giggle as Jane looks at me with a serious face.

"No! You are not thinking of...,"

"I do not have any other opinion Aria," Jane justifies.

"You do! You have Bingely— you like him do not lie otherwise—you like him," I try to remind her.

"Yes I do like Mr Bingley— but that does not mean he likes me!" She tearing up. "I do not think Mr Bingley will ask me, and Mr Collins is—so why must I reject him?" She asks as her eyes tear up

"Because you don't love him," I reply crying.

"Love is not more important than my family Aria," she says holding my hand. "If I cannot secure Mr Bingley's, five thousand a year—I at least can secure a roof on top of our heads," she says sobbing.

"No Jane don't do it," I say beg her knowing what she said was true.

"This is for the best," she says as she wipes her tears and head back to the house, leaving me there all alone.

What should I do? I cannot let this happened! What can I do? When suddenly an idea pops in.

I run to find Mr Bennet,

"Mr Bennet!" I knot at his library door.

"Yes! Come in," he answers. "Oh Miss Woods! What brings you here?" He asks as he closes his book.

"I assume you know by now Jane is going marry Mr Collins," I say.

"Yes—yes I had heard about him asking her, but wouldn't know she would agree to it," he said contemplating the information.

"Do you give them your consent?" I ask

"Yes, if that is what both of them want," she says with a half-hearted smile.