8.

Elizabeth and I both leave early morning in a carriage to visit Jane at Hunsford.

"Please do not look too displeasures with Me Collins. It will hurt Jane's feelings," advised Elizabeth. "And do not bring up Mr Bingley, she a married woman now remember," said Elizabeth with a smirk.

"Yes, don't worry I will make sure Jane stays happy in my company," I say with a genuine smile. "Elizabeth, tell me with all honesty, do you like Mr Collins for Jane?" I ask interrogating her.

"I do not mind Mr Collins. I think he is a good person for wanting to marry one of us so that my mother and sisters do not come to the streets once dad is gone," she says simply.

"But how about for Jane?" I ask further.

"I think Jane could do much better than him, but we must be realistic Aria. In our circumstances it Mr Collins seems like a good enough match for Jane besides I am happy for her. Not everyone gets a Prince Charming," she says plainly.

"But she could have Mr Bingley!" I say with regret.

"Aria we both know what he said to you. After that how can you even consider him to be a match for Jane? It is better to have a marriage without love than a marriage where one loves somebody else," she says.

"But I have one request from you Elizabeth!," I say as I hold her hand tight. "I want you to met Mr Darcy and give him a chance—I know you might not like him but he is genuinely a very good person. Trust me!" I say.

"I believe you Aria but I am going to be myself. I do not want to impress him by being someone I am not. If that makes him like me then that's that," she says not wanting to disappoint me.

"He will love you Elizabeth and you will love him too. I believe that you both are meant to be," I say as I wish for it to come true.

Elizabeth seemed definitely form the one in the books. In the book Elizabeth wanted love and was very open about her opinions and views, but here Elizabeth seemed more closed off, like she had given up on Darcy before even meeting him. What could bring about this much of a change? I wondered.

——————————————

"Lizzy! Aria!" Jane ran towards us as soon as we arrived at Hunsford parsonage near Rosings Park. It was a lovely house perfect for a small family to live in.

"Miss Bennet and Miss Woods!" Mr Collins bowed as a greeting. "I am so grateful you could come visit us and give my dear Jane some company. Let us give you a tour of our house," he offered.

"Oh no dear, let them rest, they have had a long journey," Jane wisely advised.

"Yes of course," Collins agreed as Jane showed us our rooms.

"I hope you like your room and if there is anything you need tell me," Jane said as she opened the door to a neat looking room.

"Thanks a lot," I said as I entered the room.

"Now rest for a while," she said before leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Jane doesn't seem unhappy, even if she was would she show her house guest or me? Mr Collins seemed fine in the first instance, seemed to listen to Jane. But could not figure out much in the 5 minutes we spent.

Still sceptical I started unpacking when I heard a knot.

"Come in," I said.

"Aria!—-" Jane was about to say something when Mr Collins rushes over.

"You are very lucky Miss Woods! Both you and Miss Elizabeth Bennet! That you got this opportunity!" He says overjoyed.

"My dear why don't you tell Elizabeth while I tell Miss Woods," Jane suggest.