2.

Few days had pass, everyone was preparing for Meryton ball, especially Mrs Bennet. I wasn't even sure if I was going, till I overheard Mr and Mrs Bennet talking,

"Mr Bennet, it just won't do, if she comes. He might not choose Jane!"

"My dear, if he would not choose Jane, what is it to do with Miss Woods?"

"Mr Bennet how can you not care about your own children's future! 5,000 pounds a year!"

"Miss Wood is our guest and if we are going to the Meryton ball she is certainly coming with us."

"Oh Mr Bennet have some compassion for my nerves, we have 5 daughters who need to be married to suitable men! Mr Bingley is ideal for Jane. If Miss Woods comes she....

"Miss Woods," Jane catches me eavesdropping. After realising what her parents were talking about, she looks at be ashamed and apologises.

"No it's alright," I say as we leave the place. "Jane I was actually agree with your mother, I shouldn't come and ruin your chance with Mr Bingley."

"Miss Woods!..."

"You can call me Aria."

"Very well then, Aria" she says with a smile. You must come! None of us can decide for Mr Bingely. If he likes you then you mustn't listen to mamma. Besides, you are Lizzy's friend and our guest."

"But Jane, you and Bingley are meant to be, I am certain that without me there he will choose you and you only. I don't want to come in your way."

"Aria, from the moment we met Mr Bingley, he seem to like you. Everyone in Hertfordshire think he is handsome and agreeable, to which I am no exception. You should not blame yourself for him not being showing interest in me, he might not have regardless of your presence. So do not take mamma's words heart and please do come to the ball. Without Lizzy here, I for one am in need of a companion."

"But he would be interested without me here..." I say try saying unsuccessfully. "Well there is another problem," I say anxiously.

"What is it?" She asks

"I don't know how to dance."

"Oh Aria, that's no problem, I will teach you," Jane offers to my relief.

—————————————

When the day of the ball comes, all of us were dressed to look our best. Everyone was very exited, especially Lydia and Kitty who were running all around the house constantly laughing. Jane taught me how to dance and helped me get ready. As we both went down, Mrs Bennet were anxiously waiting for us.

"Jane! go up stairs and put put more ribbons and jewels," Mrs Bennet commanded.

"But mamma..." Jane tried to protest but obliged.

As we reached the ball, I was introduced to Charlotte Lucas.

"Miss Woods, why has Lizzy never mentioned you?" She asked.

"Oh we became friends very recently," I said trying to dodge more questions.

"How are you enjoying your time at Longhourn, Miss Woods?" she asks.

"It's been wonderful!" I replied when suddenly, Mr Bingley and the party arrive. Exactly how described in the book, Mr Bingley was all smiles with a pleasant countenance, accompanying his two sisters who had dressed exquisitely. There was Mr Hurst who got overshadowed by the handsome and tall man, Mr Darcy.