Small Short-story | First Flight

The smell of the morning dew was like no other, the smell of the water in the air mix with the soil moisture morphing to create a new scent

The smell of the morning dew was like no other, the smell of the water in the air mix with the soil moisture morphing to create a new scent. Droplets of rain dripped onto the pile of reptile bodies as they slept together to create heat — A small head peep out the bodies, its scales were dark green almost black with no surprise black underbelly with bronze gold crown of horns and ebony claws. Its orange eyes pierce out the small forest they lay dormant.

This small dragon's name is Nasya; The daughter of Erebus, her eldest brother is named Sirus who looks just like his mother. Just like their mother Nasya was very small for her age, Erebus was in fear when her daughter almost died when she wasn't breathing.

Just like her mother, Nasya pulled through like a soldier and still fight on.

~°~°~

Nasya slowly pulled herself between her uncle Malum and her cousin Anthuri — Luckily she managed to do so without waking them up, she slowly made her way towards her mother without waking her family up. She managed to succeed while making her way towards her mother, she let out a small chirp small but loud, not too loud to wake her family.

She received a groan from her mother who let out a sigh, Nasya let out a small screech before climbing onto her mother's and gently nip at Erebus's nub. The large dragon groans and then moves her head around before settling on being curled up.

Somehow Nasya manages to hold on like a human on a bull ride — She looks down on her mother's closed eyes and chirps a few more times until finally she opens her red eyes. Erebus let out a heavy sigh and gurgles.

Nasya shrieks and hops down from her mother who lets out a yawn mixed with a small roar — She lifts her heavy body up and meets her daughter outside the secluded forest, she finds her child on top of a large rock. Nasya looks at her mother with a mischievous smile while wagging her tail.

Erebus growls with a huff as she slowly stretches her wings out — Nasya did the same thing just as she watched her mother take to the sky, leaving a cloud of dust. Nasya flaps her wings to take to the sky, leaving behind a smaller cloud of dust.

She follows her mother through the clouds and flies past ravines — The mother and daughter flew together, claiming the sky as one. Erebus suddenly felt her chest radiate with heat, with a shriek she spewed out a red fire while flying below to make her daughter fly through the fire. Nasya let out a shriek of joy when the fire died down.

Erebus eyes were filled with joy when she watches her daughter tried to spew out her own fire but only receiving smoke in the process until she finally spew out a stream of green — She looks over at her mother with a chirp, Erebus snorts and nods her head she was proud of her daughter.

Out of her sons and nieces along with nephew. Nasya was the only one who didn't breath out her fire, until now.

Her mother let out a roar and nudges Nasya's small body, telling her it's time to go back. Her daughter whines but nods her head — The two dragons did a swift turn back to their homeland where their family was up and at them. Ready to start their day.

A/N: The dragons story continues on into Loki season II.