Chapter IV

Hours have passed the sun has settled over Asgard, the dragons has settled in Loki's bed as they waited for their father to come home

Hours have passed the sun has settled over Asgard, the dragons has settled in Loki's bed as they waited for their father to come home. They huddle closer for warmth as Loki's chambers is usually cold which the dragon's don't mind but they're instinct does required the need of that in which they lack.

What do they do? Well, they warm up their chest that it glowed lightly to warm up one another. As they slumber softly, the chamber doors open softly and closes as a figure walk over towards the bed. Sitara open her eyes and saw Loki sitting on the bed, she then nudges her brother who let out a grumble from being roused up by his sister - he then headbutted his little sister to wake her up very much hard that it send her five feet away from her siblings.

Due to her small size it took her a while to stood up, the sound of cries came from their father. They stare up at their father who was crying as his knees were up to his face as his tears shed down his face. Sitara look at her siblings to wonder what they should do, the eldest child walked over towards her crying father.

Sitara let out a cooing noise as she proceeds to rub her father's face with hers. Then middle and younger siblings did the same thing as they comfort their father who's broken down, for what they weren't sure.

~°~°~

The following day Loki and Frigga lay beside Odin whose fell into deep Odinsleep apparently from arguing with Loki who wasn't a Asgardian but a Frost Giant. "I asked him to be honest with you from the beginning. There should be no secrets in a family." Frigga softly whispers as she held her husband's hand.

Silence fell into the God of Mischief as he just stared at the Allfather he once called father; "So why did he lie?" He asked his mother.

"He kept the truth from you so that you would never feel different. " Frigga replied, "You are our son, Loki, and we your family." She reminded him, Loki then felt small bumps and scales under his hand.
He turns to eye his youngest child who stare up at him with her red eyes, a small smile fell upon his lips unit it faltered.

"You can speak to him. He can see and hear us, even now." Frigga told him as her eyes landed on her adopted son.

"How long will it last?" Loki asked.

The Queen of Aagard replied; "I don't know. This time is different. We were unprepared."

Loki eyes stare down at his adopted father who lay still in his chamber bed; "I never get used to seeing him like this." He confessed. "The most powerful being in the Nine Realms lying helpless until his body is restored."

"But he's put it off for so long now, I fear..." She trailed off as she stroke Odin's hand before sighing, "We mustn't lose hope that your father will return to us. And your brother."

Loki's face turned concern at the sound of that; "What hope is there for Thor?" He asked her.

"There's always a purpose to everything your father does, Thor may yet find a way home." Frigga told him, Loki let out a sigh through his nose.

The God then stood up from where he was seated before walking down the stairs to leave the chambers, then the doors open to reveal the soldiers who kneel before him. One of then held Gungnir in his hands, he walk over towards Loki and kneeling down then lifted Gungnir up to Loki.
"Thor is banished," Frigga spoke up, "The line of succession falls to you." Loki turns to eye his mother, he was confused at the sound of that.

He turned back to the solider before hesitantly took Gungnir from him, he stare down at the scepter in his hands. Sitara stretched her wings out and let out a roar along with her siblings, "Make your father proud." Frigga told him before whispering. "My king."

And so the young dragons roared at the new king of Asgard.

~°~°~

"Allfather, we must speak with you urgently." Sif said as her and The Warriors Three step in the throne room.

Instead of meeting Odin they instead met Loki and the dragon siblings who surrounded the throne; "My friends." Loki greeted his friends.

"Where's Odin?" Frandal asked Loki.

"Father has fallen into the Odinsleep." Loki responded, "Mother fears he may never awaken again."

Sif then responded; "We would speak with her." Sitara then let out a hiss as they step further next to the stairs.

"She has refused to leave my father's bedside." Loki told them. "You can bring your urgent matter to me." He gestured to himself before standing up with a thud of Gungni. "Your king."

One by one they bow down to Loki, "My King," Sif started off, "we would ask that you end Thor's banishment."

Loki chuckles, "My first command cannot be to undo the Allfather's last." He replied as he stood before his friends. "We're on the brink of war with Jotunheim. Our people need a sense of continuity, in order to feel safe in these difficult times. All of us must stand together for the good of Asgard."

The dragons let out snarls as Sif stood up to charge at Loki but Frandal and Hogun stop her. "Yes, of course." Frandal said.

Loki rose his free hand up for his children to silence their snarls, in which they did. "Good. Then you will wait for my word."

"If I may beg the indulgence of Your Majesty to perhaps reconsider..." Volstagg started off but Loki cuts him off, "We're done!"

The Warriors Three left except for Sif who just glared at Loki, small growls erupted from the three siblings but quickly ended as she left.

Loki went back to sit in his throne, Sitara landed on the arms of the throne with a screech. Loki's hand went up to scratch the nape of her neck as the oldest dragon purred at the touch.