Chapter III

Small screech of protest came from the now adolescent dragon siblings, Loki could sworn that a year ago they're the size of a wolf cub, now they're the size of a large dog

Small screech of protest came from the now adolescent dragon siblings, Loki could sworn that a year ago they're the size of a wolf cub, now they're the size of a large dog. The siblings no longer are malnourished, now they're the perfect shape and started to become aggressive as they're growing.

The coronation of Thor had come, Odin had told Loki that his children needed to be chained up until the coronation is over. Which the children...wasn't fond of since they've developed a fear of being locked up and anxiety from being separated from Loki.

It broke his heart as he heard the younglings screeching and holding back from being chained up, Malum even bit one of the guards and hiss at them. When the guards had left the dragons in the temple, the screeching had turn into whining as the dragons lay on the cool ground. The sound of footsteps came before them, they lifted their head to see Loki walking towards them.

They screech in excitement at the sight of their father as they pull on their chains and flapping their wings, Loki quietly shushed them while Sitara place her claws on both of his armor shoulders. He was wearing his ceremonial armor excluding his horned helmet which gives his eldest child access to his short raven hair as she sniffed it, he chuckled as he grabbed her three fingered claws and place her off of him as they landed on the ground but he kept his hand on her head where her horns started to form and small nubs in front of her horns.

"I know this seems drastic," He told the three dragons who stare at him in hope they'll release them from the chains, he sadly shook his head. "It won't be long. When its over, I'll come get you. I promise." And with that he got up and walk out the temple, hearing the sounds of his children letting out whines for him to come back.

~°~°~

The ceremonial hall was livid with Asgardians celebrating the crowing of Thor, many were proud and happy while for Loki he was disappointed and jealous that it wasn't him but his brother Thor. Sure he was the older than Loki and the first-born which makes him the rightful heir, Loki felt like a shadow and an outcast for his brother, family and friends.

Of course that all changes when he found those dragons locked up like a prisoner, abandoned and almost starved to death. He was now a father and promised to give them all the attention they crave, especially his youngest daughter Erebus who's the smallest amongst her siblings. Making her his favorite of his children.

The trickster god watch as his brother made his way towards his father while soaking in the attention, he kneel down placing his helmet and Mjolnir on the ground. He smiled at his mother before giving her a wink, Odin stood from his throne with a thud of his staff Gungnir, the floor fell silent for the king to speak.

"Thor Odinson, my heir," Loki bit the inside of cheek when Odin said that, true Thor was an heir of becoming king of Asgard but he'd wished it was him. "My firstborn. So long entrusted with the mighty hammer Mjolnir, forged in the heart of a dying star, its power has no equal, as a weapon to destroy or as a tool to build. 'Tis a fit companion for a king. I have defended Asgard and the lives of the innocent across the Nine Realms from the time of the great beginning. Though the day has come." The Allfather spoke to his firstborn son, "Do you swear to guard the Nine Realms?"