11. Spark of The Sea

Start from the beginning

"Alright, now. I think you're settled," Remi said reassuringly. With a gentle touch of the hologram through the compass, he silently wished Len good luck. A smile adorned Len's face as she gazed at the duo, feeling a surge of determination. The duo reciprocated the smile, their eyes shining with anticipation. As they exchanged their signature high-five, it marked the beginning of their journey, a symbol of unity and determination.

It was Darren who initially proposed a bet with Remi, fueled by their suspicion that Agent Pig was the mastermind behind it all. They were determined to uncover the truth and expose Agent Pig's true intentions. Coincidentally, Len expressed her desire to venture to the distant mushroom island, providing the perfect opportunity. And, as always, Darren was quick to come up with a solution, a plan that would set their mission in motion.

Without wasting any more time, Remi, Darren, and Len emerged from the cozy confines of Len's cottage home under a bridge, each embarking on their own individual quests. Len's mission was to track down her beloved horse, which had gone astray in the bustling Sandy Marketplace with Fumy. Despite the horse's wild nature, Len possessed the skill and determination to tame it, confident in her ability to bring her loyal companion back home.

Meanwhile, Remi and Darren ventured towards the serene meadows, their footsteps tracing the same path for a while before their journeys diverged. Just as they were about to part ways, a mysterious figure suddenly appeared on the horizon, sprinting towards them. As the silhouette drew nearer, its identity became unmistakable — it was none other than Agent Pig, who had arrived with a purpose yet to be revealed.

"Hey!" Agent Pig exclaimed, gasping for breath as he approached them. Remi and Darren were taken aback by the unexpected presence of Agent Pig. However, Remi mustered a friendly wave in response, acknowledging Agent Pig's arrival.

"Hello there, what brings you here today?" asked Remi.

"I.."

In the midst of an awkward silence, Agent Pig appeared to be at a loss for words, perhaps forgetting or becoming confused. However, Remi maintained unwavering eye contact, unfazed by the need for someone to break the silence. Just as the tension grew, Agent Pig finally cleared his throat, breaking the silence. Meanwhile, Darren stood with his arms crossed.

"I'm sorry for yesterday."

"W-what are you talking about?" Darren nervously asked Agent Pig about his apology, hoping it wasn't related to the incident involving him, Remi, and Len stabbing him in the back. He even nudged Remi's arm during the conversation.

Darren harbored a glimmer of hope that Agent Pig's mention of time in Remi's castle didn't involve any gossip or unsettling topics between him, Remi, and Len yesterday. Deep down, he trusted his instincts that Agent Pig was simply referring to a conversation with Remi alone. However, unbeknownst to Darren, Remi was well aware of the reason behind the apology. Remi carried a heavy burden of guilt ever since discovering the bag filled with materials and the accompanying note left at his doorstep. Despite this, Remi also desired to extend his own apology, yet struggled to find the right words to initiate the conversation.

"No, no. There's nothing wrong with you. You didn't do anything." added Remi.

"It's alright, just take my apology."

Caught in a predicament, Remi and Darren found themselves with no other option but to comply. Agent Pig, with an outstretched hand, patiently awaited their response, signaling for a handshake. Remi, taking the lead, stepped forward and firmly shook Agent Pig's hand. Darren, although visibly nervous, followed suit, mirroring Remi's actions. As the sun began its ascent, casting a warm glow over the picturesque meadow they stood in, a gentle breeze danced through the air. Despite the tense circumstances, a moment of camaraderie emerged, and smiles were exchanged among the trio. In that fleeting instant, Darren felt a slight sense of relief wash over him. Maybe, just maybe, Agent Pig harbored no suspicions towards him. However, a doubt still lingered in his mind, casting a shadow of uncertainty.