Chapter 26 : Aftermath

Chaeyoung

Chaeyoung was walking alone looking for Hyeri when she suddenly heard a cry behind the school clinic.

"What was that?"

Curiosity comes in. She wanted to check and see where that sound was coming from. She was still doubtful, and had no choice but to go and look for the crying sound.

On her way to the sound where it came from, she saw a guy who was sulking alone in the corner.

He is murmuring some unknown words and crying while hugging both of his knees. He is clenching his fist tightly and breathing heavily while sobbing.

"Hey, are you okay?" She glanced around and slowly walked near him.

The guy was murmuring something that she couldn't understand. "Hey, are you oka- She stopped when she noticed that the guy was not a stranger, but it was Leon.

"Hey Le- Leon, are you okay?" She asked again, still afraid to go near him. She looked around then hesitantly tried to get closer to him. "Hey Leon, are you ok-?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to leave you behind."

Leon was still hugging his knees tightly as he kept on murmuring those words. Still not aware of his surroundings. "It's all my fault."

"Don't blame them, it's all me.."

"I- I left him alone...."

Leon started to cry again, blaming himself.

"Leon, can you hear me?" Chaeyoung asked again, this time with a louder voice.

"I- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to leave him there alone!!" His voice shaking as he caught his breath.

"I'm so sorry Ju won.."

"I'm sorry.."

Chaeyoung was afraid but still got closer to him.

"What's wrong with you?" Chaeyoung leans in. "Leon, look at me!" She held her arm and stares at him. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" She asked again.

Leon kept on saying gibberish words, he was still shaking and trembling, still out of himself. He started harming himself by randomly punching his head and his face.

"LEON!" Chaeyoung shouted, gripping his arms tight. "It's me what's wrong with you?" Her voice started to tremble. "Are you okay? What happened to you? Tell me!!"

Chaeyoung is now panicking about whatever is going on with Leon. She starts to shed tears while Leon keeps on blaming himself. "It's all my fault, everything is all my fault."

"What happened to you Leon?"

"Leon, look at me, what's wrong?" Chaeyoung is shaking his arm as tears flow in her cheeks.

Finally, Leon started to notice her. "Leon, are you okay?" She asked again, wiping his tears.

Chaeyoung caught his attention, Leon cease crying as he stared at her. "Y- you." He stared at her with a sorrowful look and sadness in his eyes. "Do you hate me too?" Leon's tears flowed again as he kept on staring at her.

Chaeyoung hugged Leon. "It's okay don't cry." He was still dazed and still trembling as he leaned on her.

"It's okay Leon, I don't know why you're being like this, but I know, I know you didn't mean it."

She pulled herself closer to him. "I don't hate you, stop blaming yourself." She started patting his head like a little kid.

Leon slowly placed both of his arms around Chaeyoung's back. "Please don't leave me.." He started sobbing while hugging her. "Don't leave me like what they did to me.."