Chapter Twenty: Owner of a Lonely Hart

Mulai dari awal

 "Izzie." Alex said, needing to talk to her. He knew he messed up big time and needed to apologize, even if she would never be with him again.

"Leave." Izzie ordered.

"Can we please just talk?" Alex asked.

"You're too busy screwing nurses to talk." Izzie said angrily.  "Just get out."

"Can someone make sure that Kate's vitals remain stable?" Alex asked the room.

"I will." Eddie and Meredith said as Alex leaves.

"He is unbelievable." Izzie said angrily.  "I am so glad I never slept with him, which is his loss, because I'm really good in bed. Mind-blowing. Mind- blowingly good in bed." 

"Are you trying to seduce us?" Cristina asked as she looked over at the former model.

"And then he sleeps with Olivia instead of me. Olivia." Izzie said in disbelief.

"Hey, I slept with Olivia." George said, offended.

"Well, then you both have bad taste." Izzie said bitterly.

"You can't say that you weren't warned." Meredith reminded her roommate. "Alex has always been Alex. You dodged a bullet, Iz. You're better off without him."

"Why are you even surprised? You sleep with a snake, you get bit." Cristina added.

"Thanks, guys... for the support." Izzie said sarcastically. 

Bailey walked into the NICU to look around at her tired interns who were all looking at their babies.

"Who's on call tonight?" Bailey asked.

"I am." Izzie said, to add to her anger Addison was punishing her for trying to sleep with Alex. He had gotten her in trouble with an attending who decided to punish her with an on-call shift.

"All right; The rest of you, go home, sleep. All five quints are alive. It's a good day." Bailey ordered her interns, who quickly followed their resident's order.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

 As surgeons, we ignore our own needs so we can meet our patients' needs. We ignore our friends and families so we can save other people's friends and families. Which means that, at the end of the day, all we really have is ourselves.  And nothing in this world can make you feel more alone than that. 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

At Eddie's studio apartment, Eddie practically passed out the moment her head hit her pillow after a quick shower, cuddling her pregnancy pillow to her.

**********************************************************

At the frat house, Meredith and George shuffle around in their beds.

**********************************************************

While the others slept in their beds, Izzie to gazes sadly at her quint.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Eddie Sousa groaned as her alarm clock woke her up. She so hadn't gotten enough sleep. She had gotten home around twelve am and she and the rest of her fellow interns were supposed to be at the hospital at five o'clock in the morning for rounds. And, at thirty-two weeks pregnant, that wasn't as easy as it was a few months ago.

Her body craved sleep, and while she was taking it easier, especially compared to other interns, with her forced rest periods and naps she took under the threats she could start maternity leave early on bed rest if she wanted. And, that was the last thing Eddie wanted. So she (and Bailey) did as Addison instructed and listened to their bodies when feasible. She knew it probably wasn't as easy as Addison wanted. But, Eddie knew logging these hours was all part of being an intern.