Chapter Ten: Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

AUTHOR NOTE: Welcome to the first episode of season 2. This is one of my favorite episodes! So I hope you like it! It's also one of my longest chapters I have written for Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This). Let me know what you think! 

Happy Holidays! And for those who celebrate Christmas, happy Christmas Eve!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

To be a good surgeon, you have to think like a surgeon. Emotions are messy. Tuck them neatly away and step into a clean, sterile room where the procedure is simple. Cut, suture and close.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Meredith and Eddie had found themselves sitting on a stool at the bar of the small bar right across the street from the hospital, the Emerald City Bar. Meredith had a line of empty tequila shots in front of her while Eddie had three baskets of food in front of her; French fries, fried cheese, and fried pickles.

Eddie knew she was getting some odd looks because most of the people at the bar were doctors, nurses, or other hospital employees. But, Meredith had all but stormed out of the hospital with tears in her eyes and looking like her life was over. 

She had all but run into Eddie, Conrad, and his father. And, one look at her friends face, she apologized and promised to talk to both men later, stating her  friend really needed her right now, without waiting for their response wrapped an arm around Meredith as she lead them away from the hospital. Telling her about McDreamy's wife.

Derek had been married. No, correction, Derek is married. To a stunningly gorgeous redhead who was all leggy and fabulous according to Meredith.

Eddie could barely wrap her head around the news of Derek's marriage and the bomb that had been dropped on her only moments before. Though, Meredith didn't know her news yet, she was so lost in the haze of being hurt and confused. So, when Meredith told Eddie she needed to get drunk to wash the memories of McDreamy and his perfect wife away, Eddie followed her to the bar. Where Meredith ordered shot after shot, while Joe, the owner of the bar who was also Eddie's enabler of her huge craving of all things fried and delicious.