Chapter Thirty-Six: Losing My Religion

AN: Welcome to the season finale! Season 3 is right around the corner

AN: Welcome to the season finale! Season 3 is right around the corner. I hope yo are enjoying Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This). I hope you are ready for some more Mark/Eddie!!!! And family moments with Frankie! 

Sorry about not updating sooner. I had been sick the past few days, and I had been sleeping it off for the past few days!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

In Derek's OR everyone was watching with bated breath for Preston to move his hand. And he let out a sigh of relief as his hand moved.

"Come on. Come on, come on. Come on. Good. That's good. You're doing good, . Ok, I need you to touch each finger of your right hand to your thumb. One. Two. You're doing great. Keep going. Three." Derek said as with some difficulty Burke was able to move his fingers.

"One more." Richard said as Burke did it.

"That's good." Derek said relieved.

Cristina left the OR, feeling like a failure. She froze. How could she freeze?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

In Hahn's OR, they were waiting for Denny's heart to start beating.

"Dr. Hahn..." Bailey started.

"Wait for it." Hahn said, praying that the heart would beat.

"Dr. Hahn? He..." Bailey tried again, worried that the stupid thing Izzie did had actually killed Denny.

"Just wait!" Hahn said once again, and after a tense moment the heart starts to beat and the monitor started to have a steady heart beat. 

Denny had survived.

Izzie was sitting in the OR's gallery crying in relief, Denny was alive. He was alive and they would be able to have their future together.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Mark, Ben, Eli, and Esther made it to the hospital about an hour after Eddie's surgery had finished, and she had yet wake up. Sometimes after anesthesia and the trauma her body went through, and the adrenaline crash, it wasn't a surprise she was still asleep.

Alec had needed to do something proactive, he always had to be doing something, had gone to Eddie's apartment and got some things for her that she might need and a few items for Frankie, who would most likely stay with Mark at the hotel while Eddie was in the hospital. 

Then, about thirty minutes after he returned, Alec and Frankie decided to greet his brother, Eddie's best friend and his mother, and Frankie's father in the lobby when Ben texted them they were there. 

Henry, Dan, and Conrad were in Eddie's hospital room, making sure everything was okay with Eddie. They planned to camp out there as long as possible, though, Alec knew with Katie and the kids here, Daniel would probably leave after checking in on Eddie before returning with Katie and the kids.