PART 🌸 IV

Chapter 4

विठ्ठल माझा माझा माझा माझा
विठ्ठल माझा
मी विठ्ठलाचा

विठ्ठल माझा माझा माझा माझा
विठ्ठल माझा
मी विठ्ठलाचा

Siya sang the Bhajan along with the others sitting inside the temple beside her father.

The sun was setting in gradually spreading the darkness. Siya always spends her evening devoting to God by singing the Bhajan. 

"Baba let me carry it," Siya says, forwarding her hand and carrying the small pitcher(matka) in her arms.

While her baba carries four pitchers attached to his cycle.

Reaching home he fills the earthen jar with the water he fetched from the well near the temple.
Her home was a few blocks away from the temple.

"Shanta Chaha aan"
(Shanta bring tea)

Shivaji washes his legs, hands and face, his daughter copying him. And sat on the cot placed in the front yard of their house, listening to the chirping of the birds while observing the sunset.

A peaceful evening in the village.

》▪︎《

"Chillao mat!!"  Gauri raised her voice shooting glares at Manoj who clenched his jaw controlling his anger.

"My decision is final, I will not let my ansh stay here. I don't want him to become like you"

"You can't snatch away my son"

"He is not your son Mr.Bhanushali. And do you think I will live under the same roof as your mistress?"

"I'm not stopping you but Reyansh will stay with me. He is heir of Bhanushali group"

"You forgot I'm his mother, he needs me more than you"

"Don't make me use the legal ways gauri"

"Hah! Go ahead Mr.Bhanushli.  Court will favour me, his mother over you. A cheater father who fuvked another woman despite having a wife and child waiting for him at home"  her voice broke at the end as she gazed at the women with hurtful eyes.

"And you woman, you knew he was married yet you spread your legs for him"  Gauri questioned, holding her arms.

"Don't use those words for her, Gauri"  Manoj defended the women with whom he did all the deeds, freeing her away from the hold of Gauri.

Gauri looked at their intertwined hands, her eyes moisten met with his eyes which were blank.

"Don't you feel bad for me?" she questioned, tears flowing out of her eyes.

》▪︎《

"Don't you feel bad for me?" Siya questioned sitting beside her baba on the cot.

"Aata Kay zhala ''
(What happened now)

her father asked, massaging her little feet which she kept on his lap, sleeping sideways.

"Your wife," she whispers, pouting her lips.

"What did she do?" 

"She is forcing me to eat her tasteless bhindi fry" she replies slowly, not wanting her mother to hear her.

"I can't do anything about that. I tolerated it for ten years and you are giving up in just six years?" He replies with the same tone keeping his voice low.

"I have a solution for that" she replies, removing her feets from his lap and sitting properly before leaning into his ears.

"Bring me another mother"  he looked shocked hearing his daughter's solution, but before he could react someone else already did.

"Dusri Aai pahije Haan tula" 
(You want another mother, haan)

Siya climbed down the cot running away before her mother could hold her and smack her.

"Baba help" she screamed running around the Tulsi plant which was grown in the middle of the front yard while her mother ran behind her.

"Haha" Shivaji laughed looking at the duo.

"You traiter, I hate you baba"  she screamed when Shanta caught her pulling her inside the house.

"Aai, I'm sorry.  I was just joking, "Siya laughed nervously, trying hard to free from her hold.

"Today no one will save you from me"

》▪︎《

"I loved you Manoj, I gave you my everything. I devoted my life for you. yet ,you did this"

"And you, you were my best friend Suman. You were present when we were tied in a sacred bond named marriage"  Gauri shed more tears, getting betrayed by your loved ones hurt the most.

The backstabbing hurt more than the bullet wound.

"Mark my words. We get what we sow" 

She walked away from there, wiping off her tears harshly with her saree pallu.

Reyansh quickly runs towards his room, not wanting his mother to find out he was listening to their conversation hiding behind the pillars.

His little brain could not understand everything but one thing he knew was his father hurted his mother along with the other woman and her children.

"Ansh"  She hides her pain, smiling brightly at her son but the smile could not reach the eyes.

"Ji maa" he hugs his mother, providing comfort.

"Baba ne aap ko rulaya"  he frowned his brows in anger as Gauri traced her fingertips on his brows calming him down.

"Ansh, ek baat puche?"  She asks, taking him in her lap while he nods his head.

"Agar aapko baba aur Maa. Dono me se kisi ek ko choose karna ho to aap Kise choose karoge?"

"Is that even a question maa?" He says looking up, pulling her cheeks.

"Hamari zindagi me aap se badhkar koi nahi hai maa. Hamari maa hamari zindagi hai"  he answered, making her again burst into tears.

"Hamne Kuch galat kaha kya maa? Aap ro q rahe hai?"  He panics hearing her cries.

"Hamse ek wada karoge ansh?"  He quickly nods his head wiping her tears.

" Never break your promises and always be loyal to your wife "

"Ek vachani Ek patni" 

》▪︎《

"Baba, please save me from your wife"  Siya cried as her father enjoyed the show drinking his tea.

"Wife? I'm your mother idiot. Is this how you talk to your mother"

Shanta forcefully made her sit as she herself settled in front of the stove preparing roti dough.

Shivaji walked inside the house and sat beside his daughter with an empty plate.

"Aai nko na"
( mom please no)

Siya again cried seeing the plate filled with her favourite food.

"If you don't finish this food I will spank with this," Shanta says, showing the spatula  to her.

"That's why I said I need another mother" she wiped her tears, whispering under her breath.

She forced the bhindi fry down her throat eating disheartenedly.

'I hate bhindi'

I'm early waiting for the first meet of Siya and Reyansh.