PART 🌸 II

Chapter 2

"Baba, I want to eat sooji ka halwa"  Siya says to her father who was checking some files related to his work.

"Wait for a few minutes baby. Let your baba finish his work"  her father replies while she nods understanding him.

She involves herself in completing the school homework her school teacher gave .

"It's done. Let's go and make your favourite halwa" he says, closing his file and keeping it aside.

"Yay!!" She chirps quickly, throwing her books and walking inside the kitchen.

Well, Siya never liked books.

》▪︎《

" Maa, did you see my maths textbook?" Reyansh shouts for his mother, rummaging through his book shelf.

"Which one ansh? The one you are holding" his mother asks pointing at the book he is holding with a teasing smile.

"Oh ho. Hum bhi na, kitne pagal hai '' he says, smacking his forehead with his little palms.

"Aapke bina kya hoga hamara maa" he giggles while hugging his mother.

"Acha ji" she breaks into soft giggles hearing him.

"Aaj hamare raja bete ko kya khana hai" she asks, settling him on her lap.

"Kuch bhi bana do maa" he replies, hugging her.

"Lauki ki Sabzi bana de?" She asks, teasing him.

"Maa" he whines, pouting and snuggling more.

Well, Reyansh doesn't like lauki ki sabzi.

》▪︎《

"God!! You are again cooking in the kitchen. How many times should I tell you, men are not allowed in the kitchen" her mother shouts, slapping her forehead.

Her father, Shivaji rolls his eyes, whisking the semolina in ghee.

"Sakar de bala" he sweetly asks Siya to pass him the jar of sugar.

(Pass me sugar)

"Baap lek kadhi sudharnar nahi" her mother, Shanta huffs in frustration walking away.

(This father daughter duo will never change"

"Bala, never. I say ,never marry a man like your mother" Shivaji instructs his daughter, serving her a bowl of halwa.

"Ho baba" she smiles widely,not taking much note of his words, busy  inhaling the sweet aroma of her favourite dish.

(Yes baba)

》▪︎《

"Maa" Reyansh calls for his mother

"Hum kitchen me hai ansh"  his mother shouts.

He happily runs to his mother. Once finding her he quickly settled himself on the kitchen slab watching her prepare the dinner.

"Aaj kya ban raha hai maa" he questioned.

"Hamare ansh ki favourite sabzi" she answered, peeling the garlic skin.

"Paneer ki sabzi?" He asked excitedly.

But to his surprise, she clicked her tongue shaking her head as a no.

"Then?" He questioned.

"Lauki ki sabzi" she replied with a small laugh while he whined pouting his lips.

"Maa.. Hume aapse baat nahi karni" he huffs looking in the other direction.

"Mera Raja beta, humse gussa hai?" She asks, grabbing his small cheeks in her palm, making him face her.

He averted his gaze, looking at the floor showing her his anger.

"Acha chalo hum mafi mangte hai, Apni Maa ko maa kar do ansh" she requests while holding her ears.

"Maa" he quickly holds her hands, keeping them back on his cheeks.

"Aap bhi na,Mazak samajhti nahi ho. Hamari maa bahut bholi hai" Now he grabs her cheeks between his small fingers.

"Pata nahi kya hoga aap ka hamare bina"  he giggles while listening to his own words.

I know the chapters are short but trust me the little Siya and Reyansh will make you love them.