Hurts, doesn't it?

Cardan's POV:

     Sighing, the crown on my head falls and lays atop of my eyebrows while I rub my eyes. This meeting had been going nowhere with back and forth arguing about what to be done after Jude had been kidnapped by The Undersea. Everyone was speaking over each other, and it was giving me a terrible headache.

     My Queen is not with me as I commanded the guards not to let her in the meeting room. She had to rest and that is my word.

     I raise my hand and snap, immediately the room goes quiet. I groan and slam my hands on the table, everyone turns to me either frustrated or shocked.

     "The queen Jude is not a failure. She had been kidnapped and-" someone cuts me off.

"Your majesty, it is her fault as she should have been more careful-"

     "Do you dare interrupt me?" I say, and then continue after a short pause. "She had been kidnapped and betrayed by The Ghost." A bunch of shocked gasps spread across the room. Who would have seen it coming?

     "Whatever can you mean?" Someone across from me asks, but I ignore them.

--

     The meeting was exhausting. I dislike the mention of Jude being held in these types of meetings, but I cannot just brush them off without defending Jude.

     I walk into a cellar where I always go when I'm either bored, happy, sad, angry, frustrated, or whenever I even feel anything. Inside this cellar had all types of wine - red wine, white wine, and even a special sort of drink that I take to fall asleep easily.

     The cellar is located deep into the castle, not many people are there at times, so it's always quiet.

     Taking a random glass and bottle, I pour it and take a big sip from it. I tilt my head back and smile, the alcohol already kicking in.

     Someone walks in, but I pay no mind to them.

--

     Half an hour later, and they're still here. It's weird because all they are doing is staring at me. "Well? Are you done staring a hole into the back of my head?" I ask, frustrated. They don't answer, and just walk towards me. I can tell that they're holding something, it's shiny, and sharp - it's a dagger.

     Before I can even react, a sharp pain comes to the middle of my chest. Blood gushes out of me and I stare up at them in horror.

"Hurts, doesn't it?"

--

End of chapter 13!! And did you see my reference?