You're back

Cardan's POV

I snuggle into her hair, breathing her scent. Oh how I have missed her. "You're back," I say, my voice is heavy in wine. I feel her tense body relax against me. She throws the letters out of her hands, and takes me into her. I can already feel her smile against my bare chest.

She's back into my arms. I missed her so much. She buries her head into my best even more, and I feel like I'm in heaven.

--

     Waking up with her by my side seems like the best thing ever. I flutter my eyes open and see her, breathing in and out. Her chest is rising and falling. I watch her sleep while smirking.

     Soon, she wakes up, and I grin. "What?" she says, tiredly.

"Just looking at the most beautiful person ever," I grin. She playfully slaps me, and I act fake offended.

--

     We eventually get out of our bed and I let her head into the shower first. I pick out clothes for her. Of course, from my fanciest closet ever. I find out some long pants for her - with a ton of pockets of course, a strap to keep her sword as she calls Nightfell in, and a shirt for her. Which would be oversized.

     The shirt was a perfect shade of forest green. It wasn't too light, and it would be perfect for hiding just incase. It had a few puffs here and there, on the shoulders and at your wrists, were the sleeves end.

     The pants however, was not too tight or loose. I think it should fit her. It was black in colour. An iconic puff at the end. I leave it on the desk near the door, and wait for her on my bed. Smirking slightly.

--

     After a painful thirty minutes, she comes up. Slightly flustered and wrapped in a towel. I stare right into her eyes, I'm respectful, who do you think I am?

     I grin at her. "Cardan- I don't have anything to wear..." she says, slightly backing into the bathroom.

     "On the desk," my eyes point to wear the clothes were, and she quickly takes them and changes into them in the bathroom. She comes out, looking as beautiful as ever.

     "My darling Jude," I call out to her and she gives me a slide glance.

     "Go shower, Cardan. Thanks for the clothes too," she acknowledges, and I obey her commands. I take a quick shower, and come out about ten minutes later. My hair ruffled and wet. Wearing a white shirt with puffs of course, and long black pants. Kind of simple for the High King of Elfhame, and I know I'll probably stain the shirt later with wine but who cares?

     I walk out of my room and walk along the hallways. Mortals and maids bowing for a quick second as I walk by.

     I spot Jude, and head towards her grinning. She was talking to a guy, and by her facial features, she was uncomfortable. The guy's hands were on her waist and one was in her arm. I rush towards her, but before I can do anything, she pushes the guy away.

     "Jude?" she doesn't look at me, and she was scolding the guy. Well, not really, she was actually quite calm.

"You're in exile, what are you doing here?!" The guy says,
"What gives you the right to touch me?" she asked furiously.
"You're in exile. I found you first, so I get to do whatever I want with you or else I'll tell the High King of Elfhame himself."

     I scoff, catching both of their attention. The guy grins and Jude frowns.

     "She is my wife," I say. My voice full of frustration. "Touch her again and you'll be sent to The Tower of Forgetting."

     The guy scrambles away, and I open my arms wide for Jude, but I don't feel her embrace. I frown as she mumbles a quiet thank you and walks away. With me following behind her. Of course I have to follow her - not many people know about her returning yet.

--
The end of chapter 6