Back into Elfhame

Jude's POV

     I didn't realize how hard it was to pack until now. There were so many things to pack and it's ridiculous. I frustratingly shove everything into this dumb bag.

     This is my plan when I return to Elfhame. If I planned everything correctly, I should arrive around night time. I'll sneak into Cardan's room, and probably stab him to death in his sleep if I'm kinda enough - otherwise, I'll kidnap him and put him under my control again.

     I do not know why I feel this much hatred towards him. Well I do, he exiled me. He exiled the rightful High Queen of Elfhame.

     I keep the letters I still have in one of my pockets. Nightfell by my hip, strapped on, and secure.

     I am ready to go. I head out of my room with my heavy bag, and say my farewell to Vivi before heading out of her apartment. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll visit her once I'm done with Cardan.

--

     It takes a while to reach Elfhame, but when I do, it's midnight. I start walking. And when I reach, I start climbing. It's hard, I feel like stopping. But I know I can't, so I go on.

     When I reach Cardan's room, I grin, and climb inside. How foolish of him - he left his window open. This is my perfect chance. I climb in, and notice him sleeping on his bed.

     One thing I also notice is how much of a mess his room has become. The couches are turned over, a bunch of empty wine bottles too. No wonder why his room stinks of wine.

     I carefully and quietly walk towards Cardan. I smirk at how well I did. I didn't manage to wake him up even though Fae has advanced hearing. I look over at Cardan and his sleeping face. How the gold on his sharp cheekbones shines in the dark. His eyelashes are as dark as ever, and I can notice his eyeliner, that makes his eyes look sharp.

Does he really apply makeup?

     I snap out of my thoughts, realizing that I've been staring at him for too long and I blush in embarrassment. My right hand is on the hilt of Nightfell,  and my left hand goes into a chokehold on Cardan's throat.

     He wakes up immediately, and in instinct, he catches my wrist. His hold on me is strong. Then, he realizes who I am.

His whole body relaxes.

     He shouldn't be relaxing. His hold on me is a little gentler now, but a look of confusion hits my face. Just when I let my guard down for a second, he uses his hand on my wrist and pulls me into bed with him. I blush. I'm lucky it's dark right now.

     I get on top of him, and pull out Nightfell. With a sword at his throat, I stare at him intensely as my left hand goes into my pocket and pull out the letters.

     "My Queen," he pauses, and I remain quiet. "It's a surprise to see you here in the middle of the night, pulling a sword to my throat."

     "You shouldn't be surprised," I reply, and push the letters into his face. I notice his body heat gets hotter. "Explain these letters you've sent me."

     His smirk goes wider, and in a swift move, he pushes Nightfell out of my hands, and pulls me back into the bed, snuggling up to me.

--

End of chapter five