Betrayal

Jude's POV

        Betrayal, betrayal is all I feel right now.

        My head is fuming with rage as I sit on Vivi's couch, a notebook in my left hand and a pencil in the other. I have been listing out ways on how to kill Cardan.

        I still can't get him out of my head - his words I thought he meant, his actions that made me fall for him even more.

And especially his looks

        Long black, slightly curled hair which is always messy, his crown tipping over the side of his head onto his eyebrow. The gold on his sharp cheekbones - Snap out of it, Jude!

        I continue to try listing out ways, but nothing comes into mind. With a frustrated sigh, I close the notebook and head off into the guest bedroom that has been temporarily mine.

--

        I can hear Vivi and Heather walking into the apartment. Their footsteps were rather loud, and it snapped me back into reality from my daydreaming - which was of course, Cardan Greenbriar.

        He gets on my nerves. I can't stop thinking of him. It's disgusting.

--

        I walk out of my room, and smile at Vivi and Heather, who were by the kitchen discussing stuff which I wasn't too interested about. I was about to walk into the living room when Vivi called me.

"Jude, we have a letter for you!"

        I turn back, suddenly interested, and walk towards them. Mumbling a small thank you, I take the envelope and walk into my room.

        It was an envelope that looked rich - it had gold lines on the edge of the envelope, and a stamp also made of gold. With a 'C' imprinted onto the middle of the stamp.

Cardan.

I should rip it, I know. But I couldn't help but wonder what was inside. So I opened it.

--

Jude,

You are perhaps only being overcautious, but I am writing to inform you that all is settled between the Undersea and Elfhame. The treaties are signed in seafoam and blood.

Expectantly,
Cardan

--

        I smile slightly, before tearing the paper. I still do not want to see him. This is probably another trick again. I will not be fooled by this idiotic, wine addict, handsome-

        Never mind. I throw the envelope into the trash can and walk away out of my room. I turn to Vivi and Heather, who are shooting me curious looks as if they are asking me,

What was in the envelope?

I shrug, trying to avoid the question. I did not want to talk about Cardan. Or that I fell for his trick.

        I sit on the couch, thinking.

Did he mean what he said? Or is he just tricking me again? Is he pardoning me for the exile? I don't want to believe him.

--

That's it for the first chapter! I hope you enjoyed it.