Manipulative Awards

It had been a long few months for Izzy. After Total Drama ended, she signed a multi movie deal to star in film after film, but after accidentally snapping on set once, she was instantly fired.

Not that she cared. She always thought it was so stuffy and uptight, and hated how she could never let loose. She couldn't even bring her snake on set, for Pete's sake! So she happily accepted her freedom the best way she knew how...

Going back home to have wacky adventures in her treehouse, living it up with her awesome mom.

Currently, she was chilling lazily in the treehouse in her green, unkempt house's backyard, minding her own business. She was taking a break from her hard work on her current project, taking in the noon time sun when she got the call from her mom.

"Izzy!" The older woman called from the house, "You got a letter, sweetheart!"

Instantly, the wild side of the frizzy redhead fired up, and she dashed down the tree and inside. Wind kicked up as she snagged the letter from her mom's pinched fingers, the older woman unfazed as she continued to stir the beef stroganoff she was making. Izzy giddily looked the sealed envelope over, her hopes rising to unreal expectations.

"Who's it from, Isabelle?" Izzy's mom asked.

Izzy shrugged with a goofy grin. "Don't know, but maybe it's from the guy I ordered that pirate sword from!"

The mother chuckled happily. "Still set on making the pirate thing go through?"

"You bet I am!" The redhead looked over to her backyard, mainly at the tree her treehouse rested on. Around the base of the trunk was a bunch of miscellaneous woodwork supplies, with a partial wooden structure that resembled the bow of a ship. It was complete with a very accurate sculpture of Izzy as a mermaid, which the redhead was especially proud of.

"I'm gonna cruise the Caribbean and pillage all the yachts I please", she continued, emphasising her point by mimicking a sword fight. Her mom looked over her shoulder and smiled warmly.

'Well, you'll never know if you don't open it!"

Izzy nodded and eagerly ripped the envelope open and pulled the letter out. She unfolded it and began to read it, but the further along she got, the more her smile fell. Once she finished reading the letter, she let out a frustrated cry and tossed the paper onto the dinner table, flopping into one of the chairs with her arms crossed.

"What's wrong sweetie?" Her mom asked, turning off the stove.

"The letter is just an invitation to some stupid award show", she said dejectedly. Izzy's mom looked over the letter and hummed.

"Well;, it sounds like your other friends are going to be there", she said with a sly smile. This made Izzy perk up a bit.

That is true, she thought to herself, but it's not like anyone will like being there. Except Owen.

Izzy giggled at that final thought, earning a smile from her mom. "Besides, I know you aren't as close to everyone there..." She paused. "Unlike those other friends you told me about."

Izzy smiled as she thought back to that fateful day when she had to say goodbye to that group of weirdos. She sighed happily as she thought of the other redhead and her archery skills. Izzy's mom smiled happily at her daughter, before heading back to the pot of stroganoff, grabbing one of the bowls that rested next to it, and poured some of the meal in it for her daughter.

"Well, eat up sweetheart. You got to go tonight."

Izzy nodded and began to inhale the stroganoff like a vacuum, before giving her mom a big kiss and dashing upstairs into her room. She shut her door and began to frantically shuffle through her messy pile of clothes like a wild animal. She pulled out all sorts of suits and dresses, not really sure what to stick with. She tried on a baby blue suit with a complementary orange tie, a dress made to look like it was a full garden, and even a pink two piece swimsuit with a matching pink vest and shorts. She groaned as nothing clicked, returning to her usual look and planning to go in that. Until she walked by her cracked vanity mirror, and looked over herself.