COMFORT

Alaric had broken her stitches, but thankfully the doctors were able to help her and she was back and ready to fight.

Alaric stood in her room staring at herself in the reflection. It was clear that she was getting older which meant it would be easier to bring her down. She knew deep down none of them would ever be the same again and it hurt her.

"Alaric." A voice spoke making the woman turn around pulling her sword out. Alaric swallowed the lump in her throat staring at Haymitch. "What do you want?" Alaric asked putting her sword away.

Haymitch said nothing, he didn't know what to say or do. He needed her to forgive him because he needed her, Alaric was the one reason he kept going, she was his only reason to wake up every morning and go to sleep every nights.

"I can't have you hate anymore Alaric." Haymitch stated, "if you had died I don't think I could've lived with myself."

"I don't hate you Haymitch." Alaric argued shaking her head, "it's hard to hate the person who made you who you are."

Alaric finally turned to look at the man, "I understand." Alaric said her face filled with no emotion  "I understand why you did what you did. And I'm sorry I blamed you for that."

When Haymitch saw the makeup on the woman's face she was so different from when she first one the games. Instead of war paint she had red paint on her forehead.

"But I need you to stop trying to save me Haymitch." Alaric sighed "I know you still trying to save me. But you can't save someone who's already dead."

Haymitch only stared at his daughter, he was at loss for words, Haymitch only pulled Alaric into a hug.

"My shooting star." Haymitch daid letting out a small laugh. "I'm gonna go talk to Peeta." Alaric stated pulling away from the hug before she walked out of the room.

Alaric walked into Peeta room with a smile."How are you feeling?" Alaric asked sitting down at the edge of the bed.

"I was thinking about something. Do you remember when we first met? On the train?" Peeta asked as Alaric stroked the boys hair. "How could I forget?" Alaric smiled "god I was so scared of you." Peeta admitted "I felt like if you asked I would've poured my heart and soul to you."

"I made you a promise the night before the games." Alaric stated looking up at Peeta. "I promised you if they turned you into something your weren't I would bring you back."

"What if you can't?" Peeta asked looking up at Alaric. "I will." Alaric remarked laying her head on Peeta's chest. "I need to tell you something." Alaric whispered tears forming in her eyes.

"I know." Peeta said looking up at the ceiling making Alaric pick up her head. "He told me." Peeta told the girl. Those three words made the girl break. "I don't hate you." Peeta whispered "your blood doesn't define who you are. It's your heart."

Alaric said nothing only closed her eyes feeling a small sense of comfort with Peeta. A feeling she hasn't experienced in months.

"You look badass." Juni smirked watching as his sister and Finnick got off of the hover craft. Alaric wore red leather and silver breastplate, fingerless ripped gloves, a sword holder, chest armor, arm leg guard, a leather shoulder cover, leather tight rider leggings, leg harness garter,a leather armelt, ankle boots and her favorite a red cape coat that was over her head

"Alaric? Juni? Finnick?" Katniss grinned as she saw her friends. "Are you with us?" Katniss asked as she hugged Finnick first before moving to Alaric then Juni.

"Looks like it." Finnick shrugged, "figured if the mockingjay is out here her second should be to." Alaric smiled  "Are you sure you can do this?" Katniss asked giving Alaric a knowing look.