THE GAMES

Sometimes Alaric Barlow wondered why she cared. Why did she care so much about these tributes when before the repeating she didn't even know who they were.

Every year since she won she would get attached to the tributes knowing what there fate would most likely be.

And every year it would hurt when she saw tributes be stabbed, poisoned, drowned, and everything in between.

But this year, Alaric felt as if it would be the hardest. She had gotten even closer to the tributes then she planned to especially Rue.

Rue reminded her a lot of herself minus the killing of course, and then there was Thresh tho the boy hadn't liked her at first they had developed a strong friendship.

Alaric stood in the elevator with her tributes "they're gonna put all kinds of stuff right in front right in the mouth of the Cornucopia." Alaric announced

"They're trying to pool you in. They wanna get all the hard killing in so that more people will watch." Alaric explained

"If you can snatch something that's good but do not make it your important thing." Alaric sighed before turning to Rue, "the trees." Alaric reminded a smile on her face before Rue wrapped her arms around Alaric squeezing her eyes shut.

The Barlow girl let out a shaky breath as she placed a kiss to the top of Rue's head. When Rue pulled away Alaric turned to look at Thresh.

"Good luck." Alaric smiled putting her hand out for the boy to shake. Thresh shook his head and grabbed Alaric's arm pulling her into a hug.

"Protect her." Alaric whispered "I swear." Thresh nodded as the elevator door opened. "Good luck." Alaric smiled as the two sat down in there chairs.

Alaric's eyes drifted to Peeta who sat down, the boy gave Alaric a nod as the woman smiled before walking back into the elevator.

"I won't lose because of you." The girl glared while Alaric held her stomach groaning slightly.

The Barlow girls eyes went to the knife on the floor before she crawled over to it quickly standing up before she felt a hard pressure in her stomach.

Alaric gasped as she stared at the knife that went right through her. The girl from District 1 stared at Alaric in shock as she pulled out the knife.

Alaric let out shallow breath putting her hand over the wound before she felt her entire body drop.

When Alaric opened her eyes she was in a cave a dark cave and she was almost sure that there was no cameras here.

"Hey." A voice announced causing Alaric to sit up her hands going to her belt. "I took all your weapons." August mumbled leaning over the fire. "No offense but I didn't really wanna risk it."

"I'm not gonna hurt you snow I promise." The boy reassured.

Alaric's mouth fell open slightly nobody had called her by her middle name ever. "I found you by the river you were bleeding badly but with the stuff from my sponsors I did the best I could." August explained handing Alaric a flask with water.

"Thank you." Alaric mumbled putting the flask to her lips. "You know I used to see you around district 11."

Alaric would be lying if she said she saw him aswell. "Your father would give my mom food from time to time." August explained causing Alaric to nod slowly.