THE HUNGER GAMES

in Panem, a North American country consisting of the wealthy Capitol and 13 districts in varying states of poverty. Every year, children from the 12 districts were selected via lottery to participate in a compulsory televised battle royale death match called The Hunger Games.

As punishment for a past rebellion against the Capitol, one boy and one girl from each of the now twelve districts, between the ages of 12 and 18, were selected by lottery to compete in an annual pageant called the Hunger Games.

The Games were a televised event in which the participants, called "tributes", were forced to fight to the death in a dangerous public arena. The lone victor and their home district was then rewarded with food, supplies, and riches.

The purposes of the Hunger was are to provide entertainment for the Capitol and to remind the districts of the Capitol's power and its lack of remorse or forgiveness for the failed rebellion of the current competitors' ancestors.

The Barlow family of district 11 wasn't known what's so ever that was until Alaric Barlow volunteered for the 70th annual hunger games,

Alaric's father Marcus Deluca had trained Alaric at the age of five with Alaric's mother's knowledge.

Marcus's family would begun training their children as soon as they turned 5 no matter the gender or the health issues they would train for the hunger games. The family much like the odair family would have their children volunteer but Marcus forced his daughter to volunteer when she was 12 instead of the normal 14.

Alaric Barlow was an only child which wasn't something the Deluca family was known for. They were know for having at least four kids, four kids to volunteer and win the hunger games.

And because of the fact one Alaric was an only child and two because she was a woman it was unlikely she would win the hunger games which pushed her father to train her even harder.

The year was 2308 and Alaric Barlow had just turned 12.

"Stand straight." Alaric's mother Snow scowled as they walked into the line. "Shoulders back chin up my love." Snow smiled

Alaric followed her mother's instructions and walked forward. "Go with the other children." Snow smiled softly

Alaric nodded and walked behind a young girl. "Next." A peacemaker announced causing Alaric to walk forward.

25 times, 25 times Alaric had rehearsed this since she turned 12. She had rehearsed what she would say how she would walk and what weapons she would use when she got the arena.

Alaric put her hand out jumping slightly feeling the prick in her finger. "Go ahead." The peacekeeper demanded.

All of the age groups stood in their own group together as a woman walked out onto the stage.

"Welcome, welcome, welcome." A woman grinned "Happy hunger games and may the odds be ever in your favor."

The young Barlow girl began fidgeting with her fingers feeling her heartbeat get quicker. "Now before we begin we have a very special film brought to you all the way from the capital."

Alaric looked up at the screen watching the film. "War, terrible war, widows, orphans, a mother less child. This was the uprising that rocked our lane."

"13 districts rebelled against the country that fed them, protected them, brother turned on brother until nothing remained, and then came the peace heart fought, the people rose up from the ashes and a new era was formed."

"But freedom has a cost and the traitors were defeated we swore as a nation we would never know this treason again. And so it was decreed each year the various districts of Panem were offer up and tribute one young man and woman to fight to the death."