THE BEGINNING OF THE END

Alaric knew what a rebellion would mean. She knew how many deaths would be caused because of it. But she also knew those were acceptable loses for the rebellion.

"How are you holding up?" Alaric asked sitting on the bed next to Katniss. "Do you really think that they made you the jabberjay as a-as collateral damage?" Katniss asked

"I think that...as the Jabberjay I have to protect you and I have to protect the rebellion. Your job is to show the light that can come with the rebellion. My job is to show the fear that can come with the rebellion to show the balance so yes I think if it were to come down to you or me they would be pick you."

Katniss said nothing, she didn't know what to say, she couldn't, Katniss only swallowed the lump in her throat. "It'll all be worth it." Alaric said "once we win, everything we had to do to get there it'll make sense."

"I hope you're right." Katniss sighed walking out of the room. Alaric swallowed the lump in her throat. "I have to be."

A few hours passed and Alaric sat in the room watching Cesar on the tv when Katniss walked in. "They were arguably our favorite tribute. And I think that's what we all find most astonishing is that these girls were adored in the capital." Cesar said

"And I think for you, Peeta, Juni, it must be particularly painful."

Alaric stared at the tv her face cold but inside she as screaming, she was screaming to get her brother back to get the man she loved back. "I wish I could give this rose to you, shooting star." Peeta mumbled

Alaric's mouth went dry, Juni and Peeta looked so different now. "They've changed so much already." Katniss whispered "What are they doing to them?"

"Is that what you call Katniss? Such a sweet gesture for a girl who had inspired such violence." Cesar stated "And Juni you must love Alaric so much to forgive her even after your brother."

"They're shaking." Katniss said in shock as Alaric's hand began shaking violently her eyes never leaving the TV.

"I don't think that I could. Unless of course, Peeta, Juni you two think that perhaps they're being forced into saying things that they don't even understand."

"Yeah. That's exactly what we think." Juni said his voice cracking. "I think they're using my sister and Katniss to whip up the rebels."

"I doubt they even know what's happening." Peeta added "And what's really a mistake,"

"Now Peeta, Juni, I doubt the rebels will ever let them see this." Cesar started, "but if they do what would you say to them?"

"I'd tell my sister that she swore she would never become a pawn the rebellions plans and she needs to remember that." Juni stated "The rebels are making Alaric and Katniss into something there not." Peeta added

"Something that could destroy all of us. So if you or Alaric have any power or any say in what they do or how they use you, please, please urge them to stop this war before it's too late. And ask yourself can you trust the people you're working with? Do you know what they really want?"

"We need to respond." Gale stated earning a scoff from Alaric. Katniss turned to look at the man in shock. "Did you see what they look like?" Katniss asked

"I saw two cowards." Gale remarked "you don't have any idea what they are going through." Katniss shouted

"I don't care, I would never say what they just said." Gale scoffed "Not if they tortured me. Not with a gun to my head."

"Gale's right." Alaric spoke standing up narrowing her eyes at the man, Katniss stared at the woman in shock.

"you would say so much more wouldn't you Gale?" Alaric asked walking closer to the man. "You think that these cool weapons and suits make you a man. They don't because you are still the sad boy from District 12 that gets the seconds."