after || 4

the last two weeks have flown by and we was in florida for our vacation. we didn't wanna go somewhere so far with the kids. the drive was an absolute killer. we left two days before because with three kids i knew it was going to be a long drive but i didn't want to get down to florida and there not be any decent cars to rent.

scott drove the whole way.

we got settled into the house and i unpacked everything.

ruby and his girlfriend made it with my brother.

my brother and scott worked out their issues.

ruby and scott had went to the store and got us stuff for dinner tonight. i was going to make us tacos.

everyone was going to come over and since we have a decent sized pool everyone was coming to swim.

the kids have never went swimming believe it or not.

i'm excited to see how they do.

* scott's pov *

val sent me and ruby to the store while she was getting the house together to get stuff for dinner tonight. we are having tacos.

i was excited for dinner and everyone was coming over for swimming.

i needed to get sunscreen and a shit ton of other stuff for the kids.

on our way to the store ruby was getting a call.

"bro." he says showing me the number.

my heart dropped to the floor.

"hey boys so we spoke with the team and we have came to a decision that you boys can retire. i know you guys wanna do shows in the future and that works but as of right now you guys are good for gold." the guys says on the other line.

"holy fuck." ruby says as the guy laughs.

"thank you thank you, we appreciate the love and the kindness that you guys have given us. the never ending support. thank you seriously." i say ruby shortly hangs up the phone.

we get the store and i break down.

we have been doing this since we where young as fuck. we are getting older and don't get me wrong i'm still going to make music. as of right now we are just wanting to take a long break. we do definitely pick up the shows in the future.

"this right here bro. we busted our asses off to get to this point. i love you bro." i say to ruby as i give him a hug.

this is what i've been wanting to tell val.

* home *

scott and ruby came in with a bunch of shit from walmart and i get started on dinner.

"val let's go to for a walk after we put the kids down to bed and get done with swimming tonight. i wanna talk." he says as i nod.

my stomach dropped to my ass.

what could this be about.

while cooking and watching the kids with scott in the pool my heart couldn't be more happy.

he was such a good daddy and i will say that till the day i die.

i get their plates made and then i let everyone else get theirs. i wasn't that hungry cause i was so nervous about what scott needed to talk about.

i'm on medicine for my anxiety and depression but fuck it doesn't ever feel like it works.

i soon join the kids in the pool after they eat and settle down. i was trying to wear them out so they will go to bed at a decent time.