2 - What's with the POT?

🎉!!Surprise Wednesday!!🎉

Hi Dear Reader,

A bbiiiiiggggg thankyou to all those who voted on the chapters. I was literally jumping in the air when I saw the first 2 votes.

I felt motivated to write, and that is what one needs- a little of push, a little encouragement.

Vaise toh I was planning to update every Sunday but I thought of doing a lil surprise update this wednesday as a thankyou for all your love. So, keep checking the upcoming Wednesdays, what if there's a little surprise waiting for you.

Vocabulary Update -

Krishna Leela- It signifies the actions, activities, and playful exploits of Lord Krishna during his earthly incarnation.

Month of Sawan - Also called as Shravan Month. During which Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati are worshipped with great devotion and dedication.

Respite - a short period of rest from something that is difficult or unpleasant

Dhoti - A loose piece of clothing wrapped around the lower half of the body

Sawan Shivratri- A religious festival marking the unison of Lord Shiva & Goddess after her arduous penance for his long life and well-being.

Demeanor - the way a person behaves.

-----------------------------------------------

'You go brother, I'll take care here'

She turns her face towards her young buyers while pulling her veil a bit low, only leaving her lips to be seen.

This is Maadhavi, one of the four daughters of Chandraprakash, a potter hailing from the kingdom of Mathura who shifted here 15 years ago with his parents, wife and kids in search of better work opportunities. They are a family of potters who were struggling to keep up their business because of high competition in Mathura. So, they left from there in search of a place that could provide their family's wellbeing and that is when they found the village of Nagore, situated in the upper region of the Kingdom of Suryambhah this village felt like home to Chandraprakash and his family.

They quickly gained popularity here due to their unique style of 'Krishna Leela' carved pottery , a style of work they brought with them from Mathura.

Presently, its the month of Sawan and the whole village is rejoicing in the worship of Lord Shiva. Every morning & evening Shiva arti(worship song) is sung in the village temple and little rain showers keep blessing the village giving them respite from the heat of sun. The whole village is planning a big celebration to worship Lord Shiva and to bless their village with a heavy rain that would fill their ponds and provide them with an year long of water supply.

While Maadhavi's eyes were trying to look at her buyers through her thin veil, there was a set of eyes focused on her lips that looked like pink rose petals wrapped in black leaves to HIM .

HE, who stood there as a buyer, was disguised as a commoner trying to locate that special pot that he was told could be found in the village of Nagore only. He travelled days on his horse to reach here with his friend. They dressed themselves as a trader to blend into the crowd, but the tattoo on his right bicep is worrying him, what if someone recognized him with that? it was anyways just a stupid stunt he pulled as a teenage boy which now is bothering the grown up man he has become. On the other hand his friend seemed quite chill and happy with his new look in his maroon turban and dhoti.