28. One and only (San)

Start from the beginning

Then while you are on the walk, you decides to text your lover to let him know where you will be at.

Y/N: I'll be at the park in front of Crescent Hotel. Meeting my mom's friend to give her present.

After sending the text, you put your phone in your sling bag and didn't checked if he read it or replied. You are in a hurry so it didn't crossed your mind.

"Y/n?" A motherly tone of voice calls your name as you just walk pass through the crowd to step foot in the vicinity of the park.

You turn around and see Mrs. Jung together with her son waving at you. Smiling, you carefuly run towards them and quickly hug Mrs. Jung. "Long time no see!"

"Indeed!" She hugs you back and pats your head. "Oh my gosh! You have grown... such a beautiful lady."

You shyly giggle as you can't accept the compliment very well. For you, you just look alright. Not as beautiful as your mother.

"It's been so long since you last came back..." you say

"Yeah. We didn't get the chance to come back the last two years. But we're here now." She says smiling

"By the way, this is mother's gift. She says sorry she can't give it to you personally. She's at the province now taking care of grandpa and grandma."

"Oh, it's fine. I understand. Tell them I wish them a happy holiday and good health."

"I will."

Then her son, Wooyoung, standing next to her greeys you. "Happy holidays."

"Happy holidays." You smile back.

You two then hug and pat each other's back.

Wooyoung and you are classmates in highschool. You two became friends because of your parents. Before you two would always have sleepovers so you could both play and watch movies together. But since they migrated abroad, you two became a little distant. Still friends but not as close as before.

Plus one factor that might've affected that is before he flew away, he confessed his feelings for you. That he liked you. However, you told him that even you like him too back then being highschool and being in a long distance relationship is not ideal for the both of you. It's sad but it is true. Especially bot of you were so young back then.

"You still as pretty as I remember." He says to you

"Stop!" You hit him on his arm. "You still compliment me like the way you used to in highschool." You say.

"You know I'm just being honest." He says, warmly smiling

"I know." And then you notice that he looks mature that from what you remembered seeing him two years ago when they last visited. "You look different."

"Well it's his married aura now." Mrs. Jung explains

"M-married?" You gasp looking at them two back and forth. "You got married?"

Wooyoung is smiling ear to ear. "Yes." He answers then showing his ring. "I got married to the love of my life just almost a year ago."

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations!" You jump and hug him again. "I'm so happy for you!" You clap as you let him go. "Is she with you guys?"

"Unfortunately no... she can't travel because she's just a few months pregnant and she's in bed rest."

"Married and soon to be father!" You are estatic. "What a blessing!"

"Thank you!" Wooyoung is so proud and happy about her wife and their soon to be child.

The catch up with the Jung's is so light and warm. They all have good things to talk about that excites you. It's been a while since you saw them and you are so happy that everything is great with them. Especially after them losing the father figure in their family. You are glad they are doing well.