13. Chance (San & Hongjoong x y/n)

Pairings: San × y/n x Hongjoong
Genre/tags: confession, secret relationship
Warning: cursing, pet names, fluff, flirting, [lmk if i miss anything]
Words: 2.6k
Disclaimer:
- this story is just made up
- english is not my first language, please be nice 😊

Note: nothing 🔞

*******

Ever since you've been hanging out with Hongjoong more than a year ago, you started to form relationships with all his member. They were all so welcoming and friendly with you that all of them became dear friend of yours. You even hang out with them when Hongjoong is busy with work and no tike to meet you. Then though the thing between you and Hongjoong ended, you still keep in touch and hang out with them.

You're still happy that even though the thing between You and Hongjoong was very vague at least you gained amazing people in your life. However, you cannot hide the fact that even after a few months, it still hurts. Because for you, he is special and you thought the 'relationship' you had was real. For you the hugs and kisses you shared when you visited him in his studio is magical. For you the 'I miss you' and the 'I can't wait to see you' meant more than it actually meant. For you, Hongjoong needed and wanted you. For you, the lyrics he wrote about love is about you. Coz' saw him wrote it all while you were on his lap after a make out session.

You thought, everything between you is serious. Not until a few months ago, the last time you visited him in his studio. He looked serious and very concerned. The second you sat down on the sofa behind his workstation, the first thing he told you was 'Sorry' and that he cannot do this anymore. That career is more important for him at the moment that he cannot commit with you and distract himself.

'Commit'

You laugh at the word. Because who were you kidding? In the first place, when you two started to hold hands and meet each other behind everybody's back, he already told you that commitment is out of the picture. That the thing between you is not going to last.

And yes, it ended just like that. Even you two just had a dry humping session the night prior the "break up" in his studio while he plays the melody he made just by thinking about you. Funny right?

Now months later in present time here you are, in their company where his studio is. Not to meet him but to celebrate them winning in an award show three straight times and then wrapping up their latest comeback.

If this happened months ago, you'd probably be standing beside him or behind him, waiting for him to tale your hand and include you in everything. That's how it was. A simple attention to you was everything. But now, you are just standing in the corner of the room watching them all go all out screaming, singing and cheering. You just stand there looking at Hongjoong, looking at every one except you.

It fucking hurts. But you need to smile and stop thinking about it. This is not about you. This party is for them.

You then feel sweet caress of your cheek and see San standing by your side. "Why are you standing here alone in the corner?" He asks, smiling.

"I just find it more comfy here..."

San notices the hint of sadness in your eyes. "Y/n... do you want to leave?"

"Huh? Where would I go?"

"Anywhere... not here... not here where you can see him."

You're head whirls to face him, "Sannie... you knew?"

He sighs, "Sadly... I do. You two never mentioned it so I assume it was nothing... but I know... he does stay in his studio to make music... but it got to often than usual when he introduced you two us... as a friend."