Fifty-Six: Missed You

Goo was still not a fan of the sewers, somehow smelling it better with a nose. Mikey would have thought it funny if he hadn't been so worried about them. However, their condition slowly improved as they reached the lair, limping along with the two mutants as they walked through the tunnels. Mikey was painfully aware that they weren't wearing shoes.

However, they made it to the lair without further injury.

Just as Mikey finished helping Goo over the turntables, Cassy came out of nowhere, tackling Goo into a hug. They sleepily returned the hug, patting Cassy on the back.

"You're not a mutant anymore!" Cassy shouted, releasing Goo, "You're... smaller?"

"Yeah, sorry I'm not a buff turtle anymore," Goo giggled, "I hope I'm still pretty enough for you,"

"You're beautiful," Cassy replied without hesitation, then realizing what she said, started to babble, "I-I mean! I always thought you were kind of hot! No! I-I mean it doesn't really matter to me what you look like! A-anyway! We match!"

Cassy pointed between her head and Goo's, nervously laughing. Goo ran a hand over their head and gave Cassy an excited smile. Mikey could swear he heard her deflate.

"We're twinning!" Goo laughed, leaning on Cassy, "Oh, you're warm..."

Cassy huffed out a laugh, wrapping her arms around Goo once again. She rubbed circles into their back, before glancing down and going red in the face.

"OMIGOSH!" Cassy shouted, startling Goo, "YOU ARE- Um! Very naked...U-under that jacket,"

Mikey had to stifle his laughter, watching as Goo tilted their head at Cassy. They glanced behind them.

"Yeah, I guess," They mumbled, resting their head on Cassy's shoulder, "But not anymore naked than you are under your clothes,"

"They have clothes in my room," Mikey said, taking pity on the cooler version of Casey. She didn't waste any time, picking Goo up and running them to his room, Goo giggling the entire way.

Mikey led Leatherhead into the lair and glanced around. It seemed that only a few team members were home, likely still making their way home. Cassy was home, obviously, as well as Mike, Casey, Casey Jr., Usagi, and Yuichi.

"Yo! Mikey!" Casey called out, "You should've seen it! This guy's insane!"

"I wouldn't go that far," Usagi mumbled, clearly flustered.

"It was so cool!" Yuichi shouted, wrapping an arm around Usagi, "He grew all these plants and vines- Oh! It was so cool!"

"If that was cool, then what you did was cooler!" Usagi rebutted, "The way you flipped off the tree like that? You took out like three people at once!"

"Well, what can I say?" Yuichi chuckled, his eyes catching something at the entrance. Leon had jumped the turntables, looking rather tense as he glared across the lair. Yuichi seemed to be none the wiser to it, happily hopping over to him, "Leon! You were amazing-"

"KISS ME ON MY ENTIRE MOUTH!" Leon shouted, grabbing Yuichi by the collar. The poor rabbit hardly had time to respond before Leon mashed their faces together. Mikey heard Mike make a gagging sound behind him

Leo happened to walk in then, politely looking away and shuffling around them as they rounded base. He caught Usagi's eye, going red before looking away. Usagi did the same, kicking at the ground. 

"Seriously, Leon?" Raphie grumbled, plucking him off the rabbit, "Can't we get settled first, before you start mackin' on your man?"

"That's like asking him to stop being gay," Tello said, gliding past them.