A Twenty Second Joy Ride

They sat in the middle of the courtyard, sipping on the fresh tea just served by Gen. Except for Goo, who requested chocolate milk.

Mikey got a better view of the courtyard from the bench he sat at, seeing that were a few paths that also lead to the center circle. He saw some worn patches of grass as well, mostly by trees, likely places where people often sat.

"I would like to apologize for my sister," Usagi started, "She has had some bad habits since we left New York, and I apologize that you were a victim of such an act,"

Kit huffed beside him, setting down her tea.

"I already told you, I had a good reason!"

Usagi didn't acknowledge her, instead looking over at Mikey and Goo.

"If I may ask, how did you two meet Kit?" He set aside his cup. "She said she saw you at the shop?"

"Yeah, at Spencer's. Me and Mikey went to the mall today, and I guess, Kit?" Kit nodded at them. "Noticed that Mikey was a mutant. She gave us a real scare, though, showing up with my wallet out of nowhere,"

"You took him to the mall?" Gen asked. Goo nodded.

"The one on Marshel, connected to Kohl's,"

"I assumed as much, that's where Kit works," He chuckled, "Awfully bold to go to such a crowded place, though. Unarmed at that,"

Mikey frowned.

"I'm not unarmed,"

"You aren't?" Gen was taken aback. The Usagi siblings also looked a bit shocked.

"You aren't?" Goo asked, giving him an appraising look.

Mikey set his tea aside and began to remove the couple of smoke bombs he had in his hoodie pocket. Then he removed the hoodie and took out the kunai he had stashed in his utility belt, which he wore under his human disguise. He took out the shurukin and the blinding powder from his belt as well, before finally shedding his pants and pulling out his nunchucks.

He placed all his items in a pile in front of him for all of them to see.

"Wow, man's strapped," Goo mumbled, eyeing the weapons on the ground. They nudged the small bags that held the blinding powder with their foot. "What's that?"

"Careful! That's blinding powder," Mikey gently picks up the bags and puts them back in his belt. "I got that from Karai, said it works really well on 'those who've wronged me',"

Goo nodded, still studying the weapons Mikey set in front of them. Gen looked at him in awe, jaw a bit slack from the display. Usagi looked at him strangely

"Hamato... as in the Hamato clan? I thought they were wiped out by the Foot many years ago," The rabbit sat up straighter, "The Hamato clan was known for their ninjistu, strictly disciplined and honorable, despite being ninjas,"

Mikey nodded, reminiscing on his training.

"My dad, Spli-err, Hamato Yoshi, barely survived the attack," he said, "He lost his wife and thought he lost his daughter too, so he flew to New York to get away."

Mikey stared down at his hands.

"When he got there, he adopted four baby turtles, but then he ran into the Krang and got mutated into a rat. And the turtles got mutated into me and my brothers!"

"Oh! You were a turtle first?" Gen looked surprised, "How long have you been a yo-guy?"

"We've been mutants for, like, seventeen years,"

"Hmm, that checks," Kit said, "That's about how long our clan had been in New York,"

"Oh yeah," Goo piped up, "How do you know the Hamato's? Are you guys from a clan like that too?"