Fifty-Three: Do you Trust me?

Aria and Ruth were a riot. Mikey had only heard the term 'crack-head' used once or twice, but he figured now would be a good time to use it himself.

Once the twins had gotten comfortable, they just went crazy. The kids were thrilled, the ones in charge not so much. They had a tree-climbing competition, trying to see who could touch the ceiling first. Of course, the competition was usurped by Deja, who simply flew up to the ceiling. The twins took it in stride, congratulating Deja on her win and parading her around as the victor. 

Thomas was having fun too, not really blinking an eye at the mutants that were around him. He socialized with them just as Mikey would he did with other children, if a bit more curious about their differences.

At dinner, the twins were very impressed that Mike was able to get Thomas to eat his food. Apparently, Thomas was an incredibly picky eater, so much so, that he was often made a separate plate of food when the family had dinner. Mike said that he simply had the magic touch when it came to culinary delights. 

However, Goo had yet to come down from the roof. They had plenty of time, Usagi was in the process of cleaning his katana with Leo, but Mikey was starting to get worried. Are they all right up there? Did they start fighting?

He shook his head.

No, everything was fine. It took him and his brothers a while to talk things out, so of course it would take a while for Goo and their sisters. There's nothing to worry about, everything is all cool. All cool.

Oh boy.

"Hi Mikey," 

Mikey looked down, meeting the familiar eyes of Charlie.

"Hey Charlie," He greeted, kneeling, "What's up?"

"I just wanted to tell you that Goober's smiling," Charlie said, nibbling on a treat.

"Are they?"

Charlie nodded, pointing to something behind Mikey. Lo and behold, Goo was approaching with their sisters, smiling.

"Goo!" Mikey ran over to the group. "What's up?"

[Nothing much,] Goo signed, [We talked a bit, cried a bit, had a moment,]

"Is that a good thing?" Mikey giggled, happily watching Goo nod, "We're almost ready to go,"

[Yeah, I'm ready,] 

"Summer! Mike got Thomas to eat!" Aria shouted, "And it wasn't- who are you?"

Aria and Ruth had come up to the group, looking at Goo in confusion. Goo laughed, crossing their arms. 

"You don't recognize me? How cruel,"

"Abby!?" Ruth asked, "Wha- you're green!"

"Not Abby, Ruth," Libby corrected, flicking her forehead.

"Um, G-Goody?" Aria asked, Goo nodding, "Why are you a turtle?"

"Got mutated," Goo answered, messing up Aria's hair, "Honestly, I think I look better now than I did before,"

"Nah, you're still ugly," Ruth sassed, making Goo mess her hair up too. The three laughed, the rest of the group walking with them to the kitchen. Thomas looked up from his plate of pasta, tilting his head at the group.

"Hey, Tommy!" Goo greeted, plopping down next to the kid, "You know who I am?"

Thomas shook his head, giggling when Goo gasped dramatically.

"You don't!? After everything we've been through!?" Goo leaned forward on the table. "Really, after I repaired your dinosaur, after I bought you that dinosaur egg, after I taught you how to solve a Rubik's Cube-"