Forty-Six: Flee

Tello was only mildly embarrassed when he explained why he was banned from Witch Town, but unfortunately, it needed to be said when he went in disguise. However, the rest of the mission went well, even though a soul seer gave him a dirty look. They didn't bother them, so no harm no foul. 

Donny and his partner even had a few couple-y moments, all the while trying to hide their obvious embarrassment from the other, and the fact that they were a couple from the others in their group. Mike, ever the empath, didn't need to look at them for more than a minute to know. He let them be.

Immediately upon obtaining the crystal he needed, he ushered everyone out of Witch Town and to a local park to set up. While Mike and Casey were playing on the deadly equipment, the scientists got to work on melting the crystal down. He had used this substance before, to improve his FAB spray. It had a 'sticky' quality to it, that Tello was hoping could stabilize the retro-mutagen.

However, Leon called in a code blue before they could get much of anything done. 

While Tello quickly gathered his things and people, he mentally debated what the threat could be. Was it imminent? If so, why bother calling him out specifically? To check to see if they got everything they needed? Likely, if they hadn't, he would've ordered them to obtain it as quickly as possible, while the rest of the team meets at the market.

Mike led the way, razzing his tazz even with potential danger on the horizon. Well, it is due to his acrobatics that they know the fastest route there, so Tello couldn't blame him. 

He scanned the area as the group ran, his radar picking on any movement from the streets below. So far, nothing stuck out to him, just the usual residents going their usual pace. That didn't put him at ease, quite the opposite, in fact. He wanted to know where the danger was so he could observe it and neutralize it as quickly as possible.

They slowed down as they neared the market, dropping to the ground and heading into the bustling market. Weaving through the people, the group found Mikey, Goody, and Cassy happily chatting at a table, Cassy gesturing with a prosthetic arm.

"Mikey!" Donny rushed over to them, "Are you guys okay?"

"Uh, yeah?" Mikey responded slowly, before sitting up straighter, "Why? What happened?"

"Leon called in a code blue," Tello said, tapping at his wrist, "We need to go," 

"Oh? Gone so soon?"

Tello recognized that voice. It was one from the warehouse, threatening Goody and Hypno. 

Immediately, the group got into defensive positions, eyeing the dog and fish pair and the three giant factory workers behind them. Goody trembled while they gripped their fans. 

"Come now, you don't want to cause any trouble in the market, do you?" Xever growled, taking a mechanical step forward, "Why don't you make this easy for us?"

They couldn't fight here, especially not with those factory workers. Not only would the market be destroyed, people would get hurt. And, if Tiger-Claw had as much power in the undercity as they suspected, it might be them at the mercy of law enforcement.

Mikey tapped the table with a nun chuck, glaring daggers at Rahzar. It was a simple three taps, but it seemed to make Goody snap out of it. They stepped back as Xever and Rahzar continued to approach, tapping the table four times in quick succession. Mikey quickly moved beside them, giving them a nod. 

Then in the next moment, Mikey was gone.

The Goody dashed toward the pair, administering a powerful shock as soon as their tessen touched flesh. They managed to knock Xever and Rahzar about twenty feet away. The factory workers were already gone by then, leaving a smug orange turtle in their place.