✨Side Story 30: The Clean-Up Crew ✨

Start from the beginning

"We need ya to help us with something at the dorm," Grim states with a smile.

"Yeah, no," Ruggie says, shocking the two. "I don't do charity cases. You both know that. If ya need my help, gotta have somethin' in it for me."

"Grrr..." Grim growls.

"Ruggie," Angel says as she heads closer to him. "I got something to help you out," she motions for him to lean down a little to whisper in his ears. His eyes light up at the information. She steps back and looks at him with a smile.

"Ya know somethin', there's a reason I like ya, Angel," Ruggie says with a smile. "Yeah, sure. I'll help ya out. Nothing beats helpin' a friend out. Shyeeheehee."

"Man, you sure are sketchy when you need to be," Grim comments. Ruggie snickers at the comment.

"By the way," Ruggie says. "How'd you get that money? I'm sure you don't get paid for cleaning duty."

"I get an allowance, that's it," she says with a smile. I won't tell Ruggie that for good grades, dad gives me 2,000 thaumarks a class.

"Alright, no need to tell me secrets. You got me as soon as you said you'd pay me," he says. "I'll meet ya after school then."

"Oh yeah! Ruggie, you know where Jack is?" Grim asks.

"Jack? Um...probably in the courtyard or field," he answers. "Your better chance is the field at least."

"That's good enough for us. Let's go, Angel," Grim says as he heads off.

"Thanks, Ruggie. We'll see you later at the dorm," she says as she runs after Grim, leaving Ruggie behind.

"Jack!" Sebek angrily calls out. "How dare you sidelined me during our match!"

"It's not my fault that you left the ball open," Jack replies.

"I do not need you to admonish my mistakes!"

"Then you should have kept your eye on the ball."

"HOW DARE YOU!" Sebek roars. "I demand a rematch! Lilia and Malleus will not allow me to lose against a mere beastman! I'll show you my true strength!"

"Fine," Jack smirks. "I'll take you on again." Sebek growls at the statement and prepares the ball.

"The first one to reach a goal, wins."

"Fine by me!"

The two arrives at the field, looking around for any sign of Jack only to spot the familiar wolfman along with Sebek playing soccer, intensively at that fact. The two could only watch the scene in front of them, seeing the soccer ball be passed to and from each other, with Jack taking the ball from Sebek and Sebek even maneuvering his way around Jack. "Crud, they playin' soccer," Grim says with a sigh.

"It'll be a while before they finish," Angel says. "Jack did say that sometimes him and Sebek gets serious after class."

"Well, I can make them stop!" Grim says as he heads towards them, but Angel stopped him just in time.

"Grim, I don't think you want to be in the middle of that," Angel says as Sebek quickly kicks the ball away from Jack, giving him a smirk as he run pass him and Jack growls and chases him. "They're both fast and I don't think they wouldn't look down if you were below them."

"Grrr..." Grim growls. "Then they need to hurry up! We can't wait on them all day!"

"Oh, hello there," a voice calls out and the two look to see someone familiar. "You're...Angel and Grim, right?" Silver asks.