✨Side Story 29: What They Really Think ✨

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I remember..." he says in thought. "The monster and the girl, right? To be honest, I couldn't believe what you said about those two. Who knew Night Raven College would enroll a monster and a girl for students? Even I would have been lucky to have a girl when I was enrolled."

"They're not students. They are a STUDENT," Ace emphasizes. "Since she doesn't have magic and can do written tests and he has magic and can't do written tests, they basically cancel each other out as one student. Sheesh, they caused me all sorts of trouble this year."

"Uh huh..." the man says in thought. "And they just let a girl enrolled there? I thought it might never happen."

"Well...she's an experiment," Ace explains. "They want to try and make the school co-ed, so they choose someone to take the spot. The monster was an added bonus," he lies, remembering what she told them to say in case questions started to arise about her sudden appearance.

"And they decided a non-magical person was good for that?" The man asks skeptically.

"Hey, I don't make the rules. Take it up with the headmage," Ace shrugs.

"Right, right. Anyway, about this girl," he curiously says. "What's she like?"

"You don't wanna know, how much of a pain she is," Ace exclaims. "For one thing, she's too trusting. It's no wonder she keeps getting in trouble. When I first met her, she believed every word I was saying, thinking we were going to be friends, and was shocked when I was tricking her. And don't get me started on how irresponsible she with that monster. She can't do anything without him, and she's terrible at watching him. One time, he took off in the hallway and because of her weak stamina, she couldn't even catch up to him, making us catch him instead. I swear, if we weren't there, I don't how she would have survived."

"Uh huh..."

"Oh and sure she's smart and everything, but man, someone need to tell her about some street smarts. She's so naïve, it's no wonder that everyone tricks her at every corner. If it wasn't for us, she would have been taken advantage of in the entire school."

"So..." the man starts. "What I'm hearing is that you like her, huh?" He smirks.

"W-What?!" Ace exclaims, a blush on his face. "Y-yeah right! She isn't my type! She's quiet, too friendly, too smart-"

"And cute, right?" The man says with a smirk.

"I-I mean, sure she's cute, but-"

"Yeah, I get what you're saying here, bro. She's cute and you stay around her because you like her. You just had to say it."

"I don't like her!" Ace retorts. "I mean, sure she's kinda cute, and she is the only girl in school, but she's just someone I hang around, that's it! It's only because we're classmates and freshmen that we hang out, that's it."

"Okay then. If I asked you to introduce me to her, then that'll be fine, right?"

Ace thinks about the statement. There was no way that Angel could handle being in the same room as him. She was already nervous meeting new people, but even meeting someone older than her would make her tremble in fear. She's still respectful to Leona of all people, and he's only 4 years older than them. Even if Ace introduces her to him, she wouldn't be able to do anything about it, only looking down in nervousness about the situation. Plus, Ace.... really didn't like the idea. Sure the others were fine, since they go to the same school and everything, but meeting his brother unsettled him a bit. "...I don't think that would be a good thing," he says. "She doesn't do well with new people, so it wouldn't be a good meeting."

"Well, worth a shot," the man shrugs. "Had to test it out, and it turned out to be true." Ace realizes what he meant and blushed at the statement. "You know, I never knew you might be interested in another girl after middle school. Seems like your tastes have changed."