4.

4. Avery Callum
End of a Chapter

✰✰✰

I stood in front of the mirror, facing my reflection as I prepared for my going-away party

I stood in front of the mirror, facing my reflection as I prepared for my going-away party. Choosing an above the knee  dress by the renowned designer Isabella Fontaine, the midnight blue fabric shimmered elegantly, reflecting the excitement of the evening.

Slipping into my designer stiletto heels by Antonio Bellucci, their bold crimson hue added a playful pop of color to the ensemble. Completing the look, I reached for a matching clutch, an exquisite creation by Marc Jacobs. As I took a final glance in the mirror, the ensemble felt like a curated masterpiece, each piece carrying the distinctive touch of its designer.

My thoughts drifted to my parents, a comforting anchor in the sea of change. They had been unwavering in their support for my decision to move to Madrid. Their encouraging words echoed in my mind, reassuring me that this adventure was not only mine but one we embraced as a family.

Their backing added a profound layer of warmth to the excitement and uncertainty of the upcoming journey. All of this felt too surreal but as the days drew closer I was more open and anxious about my new life.

After a final glance in the mirror, I double-checked my makeup, ensuring every detail was just right. Satisfied with my appearance, I organized everything into my bag. Counting the minutes until my Uber arrived. Eight minutes felt like an eternity.

The Uber ride was a journey through a city brimming with memories, each passing landmark a silent farewell to the familiar. As the cityscape shifted, so did my emotions, a mix of excitement and nostalgia.

The car pulled up, and I stepped out onto the bustling sidewalk. With each step to Lisa's penthouse I was nervous, nervous to say farewell since it wasn't a goodbye.

As I entered the penthouse, the atmosphere was a blend of sophistication and celebration. The space was bathed in a warm, golden glow, accentuating the chic decor and plush furnishings. The scent of exotic flowers and subtle notes of incense filled the air, creating an ambiance that was both opulent and inviting.

Lisa, the maestro of the evening, greeted me with a flourish. "Welcome to your pre-departure soiree!"

The penthouse offered a panoramic view of the city, its glittering lights adding to the enchantment of the night. A curated playlist added a lively backdrop to the chatter and laughter that filled the room.

"Thank you so much for doing all of this," I expressed, taking a moment to look around Lisa's extravagant penthouse, my eyes eventually landing on the impressive buffet-style food station. "You outdid yourself."