2.

Avery Callum
Opened Door

✰✰✰

With each passing day, the bitterness I tried to avoid crept into my soul. Being the good girl, the lover girl seemed to lead me nowhere but through hell and back. Every attempt at love felt like a battle where I ended up with the short end of the stick.

I've come to terms with the idea that maybe it's time to step away from dating. Instead, I'll channel my energy into things that bring me joy—like my photography during free moments, the success of my PR campaigns, and the simple pleasures of hanging out with friends.

I tried so hard to block my thoughts while I was at work. In my cozy office, the soft glow of the desk lamp highlighted the neat arrangement of papers and pens. The walls, painted in calming tones, created a focused work environment. As I typed away, the door creaked open, and Mr. Anderson, my boss, stepped in with an uncharacteristic gravity in his usually composed demeanor.

With furrowed brows, Mr. Anderson mentioned he had news. My fingers paused over the keyboard, sensing that his – news would possibly throw the rest of my day off. Here we go. Again.

"Avery," he began, his voice a shade more solemn than usual, "we've got news. Tory Burch is no longer with us. Pinnacle Agency snatched them, just like they did with Nordstrom.

My heart sank, the shock evident on my face as I grappled with the implications. How did we let this happen? What did he mean? I held the bridge of my nose. I already had enough dealing with in my personal life, I can't handle my work pissing me off too.

Elevate Agency held a leading position in the marketing and PR realm, having crafted impactful campaigns for major brands and personalities. From curating the public image of global fashion icon Donatella Versace to steering the narrative for tech giant Nexus Innovations and enhancing the wellness guru Dr. Amelia Hayes' presence, Elevate Agency was a go-to powerhouse.

"Oh no," I found the strength to utter, a mixture of disbelief and disappointment coloring my tone. "Tory Burch, too? How did we let Pinnacle Agency swoop in again?" The weight of the loss settled in, but a sense of determination flickered in my eyes. "We need to strategize and make sure this doesn't become a pattern. First we should —

"Avery," Mr. Anderson cut me off, his usually composed demeanor showing a touch of empathy, "I understand the blow of losing Tory Burch, but we've already made the strategic step. In light of recent changes, we believe it's a good time to tap into new markets and strengthen our global presence."

I looked at him, a mix of confusion and concern clouding my expression. "What does that mean for me?" I inquired.

He sighed, "We've and by we the people who I answer to, have decided to transfer you to our head office in Madrid, Spain. It's a significant move, but we believe your skills and expertise will play a pivotal role in our international ventures. This is an opportunity for you to contribute on a broader scale and continue making a substantial impact within the company."

I stared blankly, struggling to process the unexpected turn in the conversation. Mr. Anderson, noting my bewilderment, spoke reassuringly, "I didn't make that call but l see potential in your ability to navigate this international venture. Sometimes, there's good in every bad. Consider this a promotion, an opportunity to broaden your horizons."

"Will my current role remain unchanged, or will this transfer entail a shift in my responsibilities?" I inquired, and he could discern the unspoken question in my eyes.