24. sbalorditiva

A/N: very long chapter so grab a snack 😏

_____________________________________

sbalorditiva- astounding, amazing, mind- boggling
_____________________________________

Anaya's POV.
Dec 31st; day of the ball//2:15am

It was early. Around 2am type early. My brother, Taylor and I, were in the back of a Mercedes on the way to a hotel. We just arrived in New York to attend the masquerade ball. I haven't heard much from Jacob besides a letter with details on the ball and how a car would come early to pick us up.

Something happened in New Orleans, I'm not sure what. I can only assume that maybe he knew the person that got shot. All I know is the events from that day shifted a few things, like the ball being postponed to today instead of its original date, Christmas Eve. I've tried calling and texting Jay, but he hasn't replied.

I zip up my Marc Jacobs bag and grab my suitcase. Tay sluggishly grabs her carry on bag. She was not a morning person.

We all decided to stay in NY till the 2nd so we could enjoy the city a bit. At least until the start of next semester.

I watch as Sean unloaded our bags onto the luggage cart with the help of the man I met when I had to get Jay from the club. Derek, I think it was.

We take the glass elevator to the floor our rooms were on. The hotel was extremely nice. We were staying at The Waldorf Astoria. It was both European and German elegance with heated floors. I could melt over the architecture.

My brother drops Taylor off at her room and helps her in before walking me over to mine. He gives me a look before saying, "get some sleep. I'll see you later." and a forehead peck. I didn't even know my brother or Taylor were invited, but Jay had contacted them during our New Orleans trip and had 'em see a tailor back home for their measurements.

The room was gorgeous. A lot of gold etching. It was my aesthetic for real. I place my bags by the door and walk into the wide bathroom. There was a large space in the corner for the rain shower. I quickly remove my clothes and walk in. The flight was long and tiring.

My mind ran rampant with thoughts about Jacob. All I could fucking think about was him. I haven't even heard from him in so long or even seen him. He didn't deserve to live rent free in my mind like this.

I rinse off my body and start drying myself off. The room felt a lot colder now. I tiptoe towards the sink and l pull baby oil out my travel bag.

Can't live without my baby oil.

Once I finish doing that I step into the wide room and start looking in my suitcase for something to wear. My room was lowkey giving presidential suite. I mean I wouldn't know since I've only ever been booked in motels.

I slip on my large tshirt and turn around to be met with a figure on the couch.

"Ohh what the fuck!" I shout throwing my hand over my chest.

"Hi beautiful."

There he sat in a black sleek suit and birks. His hair was disheveled and it seemed he decided to grow his beard out a bit. He stood up and began walking towards me causing me to back up.

"How did you get in my room?"

Jacob chuckles a bit and walks behind me to a few buttons on the wall. He pushes a few buttons and suddenly the wall behind the lounge area slides open revealing a wide window overlooking the city.

"How are you?" He replies ignoring the concern in my voice.

"Where have you been?" I questioned.

"You missed me huh?" He responds ignoring me again. He walks closer to the moonlight hitting the window and I notice his eyes are red. Hes either been crying?...Or smoking?