Setting Things Up

Rimuru POV

Since we still had some preparations left before the final battle, we had to move on with the plan to set up the magic transfer circles in each of the other Demon Lords' domains. Back when Walpurgis had ended and we sent most of the fallen subordinates along with their Demon Lords back to their domains, I also recorded their locations so that I could teleport over immediately. The only two countries that I've never been to were Leon's El Dorado and Damargania. After making the magic transfer circles with Iris and Vill-V, I prepared for a dispatch of Ultima and her subordinates after setting up a transfer circle in the Isolation Room of the labyrinth, that way it would be safe even if the enemies used it. Next would be Damargania.

A long time ago, the city had been reduced to ruins by the fierce battle between Guy and Milim. However, the tragedy of that battle still affected the city to this day. A barren land, a deadly desert. There were several reasons why it was called that. The raging sandstorm corroded everything it touched. This sandstorm isolated Damargania from the outside world.

<At the time when the forces between Guy and Milim clashed, a catastrophic destruction occurred, and the energy was forcibly expelled to another dimension to minimize the damage. However, that power has not disappeared, but continues to leak from the dimensional rupture. That is the cause of this tragedy.>

That was the explanation that Ciel gave me when I asked about this. So since this location was a little unique and I had to accompany them this time for the setup. When I looked around, I also noticed the tower called the Heavenward Pavilion that pierced the sky and the only area functioning as a safe zone surrounded it was called the Holy Void. Outside of the <Barrier>, which had existed there since ancient times, there were threats that even rivaled the permafrost.

Weak monsters would be sliced to death by sand blades, and even strong monsters would be at risk of death over long periods of time. Even Dagruel and the other giants were no exception to this rule. For the weak, women, and children, even if they were high ranking warriors, there were many dangers outside the safety of the Holy Void. If even the Giant race could be reduced to such a state, then for any humans, this was truly a deadly place.

"Are you going to be okay, Iris?" I whispered to the girl

She didn't make any promises to Dagruel but at the end of the day, she was still interested in the state of his country and it was worse than I had imagined. Yet, Iris seemed to be undeterred by this.

"... I will do my best."

Hearing this answer from her without any sound of wavering, I nodded and left everything to her while Ultima ordered her subordinates to begin setting up the magic transfer circle.

"Rimuru, are you sure it's alright...?" Dagruel asked anxiously

"Yup! Ultima and Veyron are here but if the time ever calls for it, we can also call Zonda over. We already experimented with the device so there's no problem leaving the adjustments to them!" I assured him

"Rather than that, I was wondering whether they would go berserk..." Dagruel sighed

Iris shrugged and moved away from the work they were doing, "Can you guide me around while they are doing this? I want to know this place better before I can try anything."

"... Y... Yeah..."

Against such an insistent Iris, Dagruel couldn't do anything but forget his anxiousness as he led her around the country. After being assured that everything was going smoothly, I moved to Lubelius to set up the next magic transfer circle. After setting the magic circle where Luminas had specified, Gobkyu and the Surmounters got to work.