Veldora vs Velgrynd

Veldora POV

I was now face-to-face against my sister, Velgrynd, the Scorch Dragon. Honestly, I would be happy not to fight her but I'm currently left with no other choice. I never thought a Primordial Herrscher could be defeated, much less by someone with suppressed MANTIS powers. It would be bad to let Rimuru or Iris fight in that case.

"Sister Velgrynd, you are as fierce as ever. Even I can't easily pierce through the levels of the labyrinth like that..." I lamented with a shrug, Sister Velzard has a natural affinity against me but if it's Sister Velgrynd then maybe...

To me, Sister Velgrynd has as much skill as Sister Velzard, that's probably why I lost in almost every confrontation with her too. But thanks to Rimuru, I have <Investigation King, Faust> too. In the battle of Ultimate Skills, I will not lose. I cannot lose, not here, not now.

"So you got my message? Clever. That means you'll help me, right?" Sister Velgrynd asks smoothly with a smile

I shook my head, "I'm sorry to disappoint, Sister, but I refuse. I am not a tool for you to use. I would appreciate it if you did not drag me into your sisterly quarrels."

"That's harsh. I'm just saying that I'd welcome you as a companion if you willingly cooperate. If you do, I'll teach you how to use your powers and allow you to run wild all you want as long as I can choose the location." She offered

"Kuahahaha! You have my answer, Sister. I am not the same person I used to be. I already mastered my powers, and it's no longer fun for me to aimlessly rampage. I'm a grown-up now! A mature adult!"

She clicks her tongue in displeasure upon hearing my reply, "Cheeky. Did I spoil you too much? Fine. In that case, let me see just how much you've grown up!"

She swings her sword in her right hand and I quickly deflected it before twisting my body to kick her left but she blocks it with her left hand before her eyes widened in shock, backing away from me.

"Have you improved your skills a bit? Looks like you have something to brag about."

I gave her a proud grin upon hearing that, "My Veldora Killing Arts are undefeatable! Even you, Sister, will know your own powerlessness before these fists- Eh, huh?!"

I couldn't even finish bragging when she began launching a violent onslaught of attacks using her flames covering her fists and legs. It was a familiar move but it still caught me off guard a little as I moved to dodge most of her attacks.

"I disciplined you so much in the past, but it seems that you still haven't improved your sorry wits. You shouldn't talk so big, boasting about being invisible and undefeated right in front of me!"

I quickly brushed off the flames on my jacket and realized that they were barely damaged from my sister's flames. There was a familiar energy seeping out of it, and I finally put some pieces together. Rimuru was not just learning how to make the jacket but she must have also been taking time to allow the threads she used to make the jacket absorb the Arcadia Honkai energy for this protective energy layer.

... She really is a romantic person...

"Those clothes..." Sister Velgrynd seemed to have caught on to my exact thoughts, "... Is it that Demon Lord?"

I let out a huff, "And why would that be the case?"

"Then why is she hiding all this time instead of coming out here herself?" She shrugs nonchalantly, "Rudra wanted to talk to her but it seems like she didn't want to talk to him. What a rude girl. Is she that scared to come out?"

"... That's not true."

She shrugged without a care, "Whatever. Either way, I will drag her out after defeating you. Rudra won't need to trouble himself with such needless issues after that."