Ongoing Battles

Third Person POV

While everyone else waited outside the gates for any news of victory, Shion was currently still facing her opponent. The woman in the sixth rank, Minaza, is one of the Four Head Knights.

"I'll praise you for giving me so much trouble." Shion glared indignantly

Minaza was not unharmed though. Her uniform was torn and she had stopped her <Mimicry> for a long time now, revealing her true form.

"Shut up! I'm the one who should be giving the praise. All for your futile efforts! I praise you for defeating my children, but I'll have to repay that grudge."

At her feet were many dead insectoids, all of them were slaughtered by Shion. The true identity of Minaza was an insect-type higher form.

"Hmph! A small fish like that doesn't count as a thing to me. I'm used to the training grounds, where many more powerful individuals spring up." Shion huffed despite being exhausted

"I beg your pardon?"

"Fufufu, it's a shame. I am an experienced woman, despite my appearance. This is not the first time I've fought an insect-type beast! Speaking of which... Now that I think about it, Razul was not an insectoid, but rather a bug-shaped majin. He said it was in its full form, so I'm sure it was." Shion recalled

"Razul? You're the one who defeated the guardian god of the West?!" Minaza exclaimed

Shion nodded her head, "I didn't take him on alone, but I was the one who defeated him. He was a strong opponent."

"... I see." Minaza then turned her face down and laughed, "So, you got rid of him! He betrayed us. We are an Aggressor race from the otherworld, but His Majesty Rudra accepted us and we finally found a safe place to live. And yet, he continued to be an unmitigated and selfish fool, not showing any reverence."

"Let me ask you something, aside from Razul, did you send any of your people to other places?" Shion asked, curious if Minaza was someone that Zegion and Apito knew

"There are many races in the otherworld. Through the Underworld Gate that sometimes opens, various Aggressors target this world. There are us insectars and cryptids of similar nature. And then there are the phantoms. Unlike demons, we are semi-spiritual, so we can materialize in this world if we take our time. Well, some of them are unfaithful to us, and we sometimes get into a bit of trouble."

It was not the answer that Shion needed but it helped her conclude one thing. Rimuru had picked up Zegion and Apito since they were running from something so she concluded that Minaza was an enemy. She trusted her intuition and was proud that she had never been wrong. It was correct this time too but it wasn't a coincidence. She was deeply connected to Rimuru, and Ciel by extension, because she had died and came back to life once so her computing powers interfered and she was able to discern truth from fragmented information she had obtained.

"In short, you are the enemy, aren't you?"

"Hahaha, what are you saying now? Thanks to your stalling, I will be able to revive my beautiful children once again!" Minaza shouted as her lower body swelled

Her lower body, though covered by her skirt, was covered with several mouths, and from them, wicked eggs were being produced all at once.

"Hahaha! You may look strong, but you're exhausted from fighting my children. You think you can win against this many... Wah?!"

It was only natural for Minaza to be shocked as one swing from Shion's Hercules Ex knocked out a large number of the insect beasts.

"That's not possible! My children... With the help of His Majesty Rudra, they should have been reborn as warriors with overwhelming power..." Minaza gaped in disbelief