The Raging War

Third Person POV

At the troop headquarters, Lieutenant General Gaster yelled in dismay as he witnessed the spectacle of the Magic Tank Division being toyed with by the combo of Ranga and Gobta. Their defeat was imminent at this point but the pace of the battle was faster than expected and he had missed the timing to withdraw. He couldn't even report the situation to the Corps Commander, Calgurio. Even if he had reported it to Calgurio, the permission to withdraw would still be denied as the main unit that Calgurio led was already in operation. If his side withdrew, the main unit would be isolated.

"Lieutenant General Gaster! If this goes on, we will be destroyed either way!"

"We need to withdraw, please give the order!"

Gaster thought the same, however... "We cannot withdraw. If we do such a thing, I will be executed by His Majesty. I can never allow that! I will become a champion. Yet, my chance to achieve that will be gone. At the very least, I must find a just reason as to why it is not my fault, or else..."

"Lieutenant General, if this continues, it will be difficult to even regroup the troops."

"It is not a shame to retreat. If we let this confused battle continue, it will only worsen the damage to our allies."

Hearing the proposal, Gaster gritted his teeth, "Shit! I'm a man who will become a champion. And yet... Everyone's getting in my way. These incompetent, unhelpful bastards!"

A loud explosion drowned out his voice and this threw everyone in the headquarters into confusion.

"What's going on?!" Gaster snapped at a soldier

"I-It is an attack by an enemy's magic!"

"Magic? D-Don't tell me, it's nuclear magic?!"

"It is still unidentified, but from the scale, I am sure it is. However..."

Gaster clicked his tongue, "What is it?! Just say it!"

"Yes sir! About the enemy's offensive magic, it appears to have easily broken through the legion magic for our army's counter-magic defense." The soldier hesitantly explained

"Wha-?! Then, what's the status of the damage?!"

"The explosion occurred in the sky. We have lost contact with our allied airships!"

"T-That's absurd! Are you saying the airships, the Empire's valuable 'Air Assault Division' has been wiped out...?" Gaster gaped in disbelief, giving the entire situation a thought before giving out the command, "Let's withdraw. No, this is... Right, we're just going to retreat and readjust our positions."

Although he had finally made the decision to withdraw, a cool voice suddenly resounded.

"Oh? Don't tell me this is the end. I have already told you before, once you invade, we will show no mercy." 

Gaster hurriedly located the owner of the voice, meeting eyes with Testarossa, who had a wide smile on her face.

"I may not look it, but I am a woman of my word. When I came to this world before, I had properly fulfilled the wishes of those who had summoned me. You may rest assured."

"You... witch!"

"Oh? I wonder if you forgot. What a rude gentleman you are." Testarossa responded with a troubled voice

Gaster quickly repressed his fear and ordered his men to attack but no one reacted.

"I do not know what you wanted to do, but your subordinates are sleeping. I guess they must have been very tired. After all, they cannot seem to get up anymore." Testarossa's cold voice was now beside him