Alliance

Rimuru POV

We have already been away from the town for a week, so I decided to give a heads-up to Rigurd about what was going to happen for the next few months before returning for the meeting. I decided to use my human form while Shion sits beside me.

But... how am I going to start this...? No, no! Be confident like you always have been! Everyone's happiness here depends on it!

"Hi, everyone! I am the Chairwoman of today's assembly, Rimuru Tempest! Now then, for starters, let's have a brief introduction of everyone in attendance here. The Lizardmen Chieftain, his Head Guard and second in command."

The three slightly bowed their heads at the introduction.

"Next is Treyni-san, the dryad."

Treyni was next to give a slight bow.

"The Goblins that were recruited by Gabiru and... The ten representatives of the Orcs."

After the effects of <Starved> wore off, they became rational again, but that also includes their moral numbness so now they look like they are about to take the death penalty.

"Okay, I am not sure how to start this, but will try my best to listen to everyone. But first, we will begin with some of my thoughts then we can hold discussions about them. Firstly, I have to make this very clear. I have absolutely no intention of judging the Orcs for their crimes. It might not sit well with the Lizardmen, who were the primary victims but please hear me out. I'll explain everything that led to their uprising."

With that, I told them everything I knew based on Geld's memories and some information gathered by Great Sage-san.

"I see... A Great Famine... And this Majin named Gelmud..." The Chieftain repeats

"Yeah. But that does not mean that pillaging and invasion is forgiven, of course. But based on their desperate situation, they do not have the resources to pay for the losses they caused. But to be honest, what I ought to be said were polite excuses." I said

"Excuses? Then may I ask what you truly feel?" The Chieftain asks

"I have already decided to take on all of the Orcs' sins. If anyone has a problem with it, then please come to me." I announced

"P-Please, you can't say that! It's just not fair for you to..." It was the sharp-eyed Orc who tries to dissuade me

"Thank you for your worry but there's no need to either. This was my promise to the Orc Disaster, Geld, after all."

With that, the Orc just fell back onto his seat, silent.

"I understand... But there is something foul about that answer, I feel." The Chieftain says

Mm. I had a feeling that it wouldn't really go without resistance. Then...

"There is one unchanging rule among all monsters. 'Survival of the fittest'. Anyone who opposes this must understand the consequences." Benimaru interjects

"Why... You must be another Kijin, like Souei-dono!" The Chieftain exclaims before composing himself, "Survival of the fittest... Yes, I suppose you're right. It would not reflect well on the Lizardmen if I raised a fuss about this now."

"Are you sure?"

"You are the victor of this war, Rimuru-sama. I cannot disagree with your decisions."