Chapter 16

I open my eyes, hoping everything I heard was a dream and that I am in the Raizada bed, however, to my bad luck I am in my Gupta house bed, and Arnav and Ma are looking at me with worry.

Doctor - Mr Raizada, Mrs Raizada is fine now. She has had a bit of shock which has caused her to react this way. Please keep her away from shock and stress as she has high blood pressure at the moment. I will prescribe you some medications, and please bring her for a check up within 2 weeks.

Mum (worried) - Thank you doctor... Arnav, I will grab the medications. I think Khushi needs you the most.

As soon as Mum leaves, I burst into tears. I didn't want to turn weak either in front of Mum or Arnav but I couldn't control myself. No one wanted me.

Me (sobbing) - Why? Why is my life like this? The guy I married, married me for some dumb revenge... my ex turned out to be a cheater and was using me... My best friend felt that she didn't trust me and lastly, my parents... Who I know hated me. Turned out to not even be my real parents... my real parents left me on the hospital bed wishing I would die...I don't even know why I am alive. Everyone around me wants me dead anyway. Maybe I should just die.

Why is my life so bad? Can it ever improve? My thoughts and crying are again interrupted by Arnav who hugs me tight.

Arnav - Khushi. Don't think this way. I am sorry for marrying you for revenge, but I promise I know that you weren't involved with the issue and I genuinely do care about you. Not just me, but my parents... They love you.... Even more than me. They may be my parents, but they don't see you any less as their daughter. What about Payal? She loves you to the core. You know she was going to change her wedding day because you were in a coma. I had to spend time trying to convince her, but she said that if Khushi couldn't come to my wedding then I would not get married. There are sooo many people who love you, why look at the negatives

Me - For how long will they love me Arnav... you lost trust in me the moment you found out Maya was murdered... Maya never trusted me... and MY PARENTS who despite hating me... still cared for me... because they sheltered me, however, turns out my real parents didn't even care about that.

Arnav lets go of the hug and starts to clear my face full of tears. He silently gets up and gets me water to drink. I unwillingly take the water and start drinking it.

Arnav - I have asked one of my friends to find out about your real parents. He is a great detective and will let me know by tomorrow. For now, Khushi, let's take some rest. I am glad of your outburst, at least you have shared your feelings and told me exactly what is going on in your mind. Now, I know what your worries are.

Me (annoyed) - No Arnav, you don't... You can't even get rid of these worries... Unless you can create a time machine then yes... you can get rid of them... other than that...

Arnav - Khushi, I can't obviously erase your worries or your past but think about it... they are what made you.. You... Like if you weren't adopted by the Gupta family... I wouldn't have met you... my parents wouldn't have met you... Payal... no one that loves or cares for you would have met you. I can, however, lessen your burden to make you feel at ease. I will find out about your real parents and get them to explain to you why they left you. Who knows, maybe they had a reason and if they didn't... my parents will never make you feel that you aren't their daughter... you mean so much to them. Don't forget. I will try to fulfil my husband's duties properly to you. I will find out who the real killers of Maya are and go in depth.

I stare at him ready to argue, however, he lays me down and covers me with the blanket.

Arnav - shhh... Khushi...

He pats my head and sits next to me while singing a lullaby he used to sing when we were younger..

Unwillingly, I fall asleep.

Precap - None